“great b&b”

Ranked #72 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“great b&b”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

we just arrived home from a one night break in the phoenix we were put in the family room as it was fully booked the price was £40and £12 for breakfast for the 2 of us I must say the food was outstanding you couldn't ask for more couldn't finish mine the room was clean tea coffee available and the host was lovely if she can help with anything she will. I will be returning back there in the near future thanks jenny for a pleasant stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We came with a group of friends and we had a lovely stay here where we were looked after really well. We had good nights' sleep in our comfortable, cosy room and the breakfast each morning was delicious! It was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

On a recent business trip i stumbled upon this place as i was going to stay the night next door but the board outside prompted me to stay here and I'm glad I did a clean and comfortable guest house the proprietor Jenny was very pleasant and accommodating i will most certainly be storing the phone number to my contacts list the next time I'm up on the Yorkshire Coast i will be staying at this lovely little place again I forgot to mention the tariffs are very reasonable i didn't stay for breakfast as i had a early start but by looking at the menu and reading previous guests comments i missed a real treat that would have set me up for the day .For families on their holidays it is only about a 5 minute walk to the beach park railway and water park

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just received a lovely Scarborough Christmas Card from Jenny at the Phoenix bringing back all our good memories of our last visit. Merry Christmas to you Jenny and we will be back to see you in the New Year.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome very friendly helpful had the family room clean nice and warm with the best full English b/fast I've had in yrs my 6yr old agreed to,would rate 11/10 both the kids loved the weekend away you can't go wrong by stopping here.

• Stayed October 2013
Blyth, Northumberland
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Myself, partner and 5 year old stopped at the Phoenix Guest House last week for 1 night before leaving early the next morning to spend the day at Flamingo Land. It is very clean and not a bad little Guest house and I would recommend it, although in the spirit of trip advisor I would like to point out a few small issues.
We were put in room 3 which is very small for a family room. I was told in an email by Jennifer the landlady (who is lovely by the way) when booking we had been booked into the larger of the 2 family rooms with a separate connecting room for our daughter. I'm not sure if that room had been double booked or if someone had booked into the smaller connecting room last minute but we did not get that bigger family room. Whatever the reason was it would have been nice if it had been explained and I actually would not have minded at all. I didn't want to complain as I'm not one for complaining really. And as mentioned we were only staying for 1 night anyway. I may be wrong and room 3 may be the bigger of the 2 family rooms. If it is I'd hate to see the smaller one. The room we did get was very small although as previously mentioned it was clean and did the job and we had a good nights sleep. The ensuite bathroom was so small I couldn't close the door for my knees whilst sitting on the toilet. This slightly upset my partner !! Although there was some air freshener spray provided. I must add I am 6ft 5inch tall so not everyone may have this problem. The biggest issue we had was the noise coming from the plumbing in the room next door (or maybe it was above??). When they flushed the toilet the noise was ridiculous and the pipes in the walls shook. It was so loud I actually found it quite funny although my partner was less amused. Thankfully the people in that room didn't use the toilet overnight because when they did use it in the morning it woke us all up immediately.............and I laughed !!! We didn't have breakfast as we left early for Flamingo Land and got a lovely bacon roll from a sarny shop down the road. Overall I would recommend that people stay here for short stays although it may get a bit claustrophobic for a longer stay!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Great stay. Located near Peasholm Park and North Bay Resort. Jenny is very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were spotless. Cleaned both days we stayed. Did not have the breakfast but it is rated 5 for hygiene. Overall fantastic stay.

• Stayed August 2013