“Great staff”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Skipton, England
“Great staff”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff here are very friendly and made us feel right at home. If you want the fine dinning experience then I wouldn't suggest you come here. But if you want good old fish and chips then this is the place.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst food ever”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Throw your money in the harbour - you`ll get more satisfaction than spending it here` We visited on 8 May 2014 and my wife specifically asked twice for Haddock and chips and was twice assured it was Haddock. When we came to eat it we noticed that it had been skinned so there was no way of telling what it was. It was definitely not cod or haddock as it did not flake but cut like meat. I have lived in Grimsby for 70 years and brought up by a fishing family so I think I know my fishT.he fish was grey and I suspect it was either coley or a cheap foreign variety.We threw it straight in the bin. I wouldn`t even subject the seagulls to the displeasure of eating it!! We rang the owner the next day who said he only sold cod and haddock. I beg to differ. He promised to investigate what had happened and e-mail me with his findings. I`m pleased I didn`t hold my breath as the man hashad neither the decency nor the courage to ring me with his findings. It makes you wonder doesn`t it. On a different note the toilets are disgustingly filthy.

1 Thank Booboo217
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Eat in prices, takeaway quality”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the oddest little fish and chip shop I have ever seen. The food was a few pence cheaper then most Fish and Chip Restaurants (although at £1.45 it sells the most expensive 330ml cans of Pepsi then anywhere else in the world!) with Fish and Chips £5.40 but they make their money on sundries _£1.25 for a few mushy peas!. The food is average at best and you don't get much. The strangest thing is they serve it in plastic boxes and you eat it with plastic knives and forks yet they bring it to you like a restaurant, madness!!! One to avoid!!!

1 Thank Paul H
“Bad food review”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My order or two lots of fish and chips were the worst me and the mrs ever had couldn't even eat them because they were clearly re fried from day before. Shocked and dissapointed. There's a sign outside saying best in Scarborough. That is totally the opposite. Need to change name to worst chippy in Yorkshire.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mazdaman85
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Not again”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

There are many choices and we chose here as it seemed well priced. We ordered f&h twice, scraps, 2 x bread bun, curry sauce, one can, 1 x kids meal and it was just over £19.00. The food comes in polystyrene boxes with plastic knives and forks but I guess this is because they don't charge more to eat in. The fish was nice, the chips were very poor, dark brown in colour. The worst part of the experience, was the toilet shed outside. I had to take my 3rs old son, carry my bag, help him and it must be the worst toilet I have ever been in. Water all over the floor, horrible stench, unisex, just absolutely horrible. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Hannah419