The Scarborough Fair Collection
Ranked #3 of 86 things to do in Scarborough
More attraction details
Owner description: The Scarborough Fair Collection hosts a magnificent working collection of Vintage Cars, Steam Engines, Vintage Fairground Rides and Mechanical Organs topped off with a 2 'Mighty' Wurlitzer Organs in our spacious ballroom. We host tea dances every Wednesday afternoon and Michael Lester playing the "Mighty" Wurlitzer every Thursday afternoon.Our unique venue is also available for private hire and wedding receptions. We have special events throughout the year and a Christmas Spectacular Show
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We came here after having 2 rainy days in Scarborough, so stopped off on way home. It was really good to see all the old 1930 rides etc and the kids thought it fab as they could go on about 4 or 5 of them but found you had to wait for them as all timed quarter or half past to the hour. There is a nice cafe that does proper sandwiches etc, nice after eating fish n chips!! Nice little play area whilst you sat having a coffee etc.

Bakewell
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently stayed on a caravan park near Scarborough on a wet bank holiday weekend. The party included four children aged 5 and under.
Before we went on holiday I had done a bit of research on Trip Advisor and made a note that this could be a good place to visit if the weather was bad. The rest of the party were quite sceptical about my idea, with one saying it sounded like the "antiques roadshow" - maybe I wasn't selling it very well!
I am happy to say that we needn't have worried as there is plenty for young and old alike.For the kids there are fairground rides and dodgems which I would say are best for the under 10 age group.On admission you get some tokens for the rides included in the price, and extra ones can be bought for a reasonable £1 each. Besides the rides there is a collection of vintage vehicles and motorbikes as well as some traction engines. Anyone who likes fairground organs will be in their element as there is a good collection of these all in immaculate order. On the day we went there was a chap playing the Wurlitzer organ, and if you fancy it there's a dance floor where you can glide along to the music!
All in all this is a great way to spend 3-4 hours and I would thoroughly recommend

Visited May 2014
2 Thank BakewellExplorer
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A little confused over this hidden gem”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Visited over the bank holiday and it was pretty quiet. The enthusiasm of the staff really shone through and it was fun to see the kids enjoy the free rides. My confusion is that there are lots of beautiful vehicles on display but the kids can't interact with them. Perhaps splitting the areas for interactive and view only may work. All in all a great day out, extremely good value for money and definitely a hidden gem.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Poor communication”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Prior to visiting I emailed the site to explain that we were camping in area and that we were travelling with our dog. It was a particularly hot weekend and the tone of the email was that we did not want to visit if our dog had to stay in the car as it was too warm. I was given the impression from the reply that there were parts of the venue that dogs were allowed to be on but not in the actual museum itself. We therefore made the visit and when we got there, we discovered there was only a museum on site and our dog was only allowed in the car site. Having not visited before I did not know the lay out of the site and I was trusting the site to be a bit clearer. If it wasn't for dogs they should have just said so and not go through the rigmarole of making us believe that there were parts he was allowed on when it was actually only the car park! . Waste of petrol for us as we would not leave the dog in a boiling hot car and does not make me want to go back at a time when the dog isn't with us

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Helen B
Coordinator2014, Manager at The Scarborough Fair Collection, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
"Dogs are aloud on the Caravan Park but not in the Museum. Hope this will not stop you from coming to visit."

I am really sorry to hear that you are not happy with my communication above.
Rotherham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a good under cover place to visit.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoyed the organs and the steam engines. Staff very friendly and informative. Thank goodness someone taks the trouble to restore and treasure these wonderful machines.

Visited May 2014