“Very friendly”

Emma's coffee lounge
Ranked #3 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: an excellent cafe/restaurant in Scarborough serving mainly traditional English food
Reviewed 21 January 2014

As a family we have been going to Emmas for over 18 years and have always been met with a warm greeting the food is excellent jacket potatoes are oven baked not microwaved cakes apple pies and such like all baked on the premises sandwiches made to order so if you visit scarborough call at Emmas you won't be disappointed

1  Thank Irene B
Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Emma's, we must be getting something right if you have been visiting us for 18 years! Is that a record? We are always pleased when people enjoy our food and service.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

me and my wife visit emmas every saturday and the food is excellent the staff are very friendly we have been visiting emmas for the last 20 years and me and my wife have to disagree with the last review but i suppose you all ways get one but if you want a grate cup of coffee our tea and something to eat then you must go to emmas you will not be disappointed

2  Thank michael t

Thank you for your kind words we love to see people each week and catch up on all their news, and we are pleased you enjoy our company!

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We visited this coffee shop for a quick snack in January. My son who is a rather fussy eater cleaned his plate. I had the the home made soup which was lovely and perfect warmer for a cold day. I found the staff very warm and friendly. I have to disagree with the last review but I suppose you can't please everyone!!

Thank you, it is good to hear that we can get it right some of the time. We are pleased your son enjoyed his meal, children can be our the greatest critics of food, so we are especially pleased to have his response!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Sorry to disagree with other reviews but this had a major flaw. We called in for a drink while walking around the town. Attractive from the outside but once inside there was a total lack of warmth and friendliness. Whoever was behind the counter showed no interest whatsoever in what we might want and when the drinks were served the waitress was no better. Sorry but given the choice in town we would not recommend

Sophia3011, Owner at Emma's coffee lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

I am very sorry that this has been your experience, it is certainly not to our usual standard and for that I can only apologise. I am however grateful for you taking the time to write your review as we shall take on board that this has happened and address your complaints to all our staff and look at ways that we can improve this service. I am a little puzzled as you refer to the staff member behind the counter and the waitress who served your drinks to the table. We are a counter service café and do not provide a waitress service of drinks to the table, this is reflected in our prices. However, we always offer to carry a tray of drinks to the table, once served, if someone asks or if we can see they may find it difficult themselves. Perhaps this was the case, but this would normally be done by the counter staff. However, we will speak to all staff immediately and hopefully this will not happen to someone else. thank you for pointing the problem out to us.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I return to Scarborough whenever possible to 'take a trip down memory lane', having originally lived there up to 25 years ago.My parents opened Emmas coffee lounge in Huntriss Row it was originally a gift shop.It was always my mothers dream to have a coffee shop and the premises on Huntriss Row fitted the bill.
The name Emmas was given to the coffee shop after my daughter who was born in 1979,my daughter could often be found sitting with grandma in the coffee lounge and helping to clear tables.It was for many years a successful family business until sadly both my parents passed away. Yesterday Emma and myself came back to Scarborough for a visit and to reminisce, bringing with us my grandson Jack .We visited the coffee shop and had a chat with Micheal the owner who purchased Emmas after Mum and Dad passed away, it was lovely to see that good food and drinks are still being served and all the ladies serving were very polite and courteous.Micheal has been very sympathetic with the extension and the decor is still of the same theme as when we opened.Our memories are still very strong and it is a great comfort to find Emmas still doing well.It may not be my Mum and Dads anymore but Emmas coffee Lounge will always be close to my familys hearts. Thank you Micheal and ladies for a very pleasant lunch and a 1st class trip down memory Lane.

1  Thank Elaine S