Grand Hotel Scarborough
US$179
US$141
US$221
  • Restaurant
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$706
  • Breakfast included
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
US$91
US$88
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$134
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$120
US$100
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
6,958 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Booked a double and single room on a special offer,forgot to request to be next to each other, the single room was for my mam in her eighties,managed to get closer but her room was a shoebox.They offered her a bigger room but no window,we refused and eventually got sorted,be very careful when booking.The hotel is mainly aimed at older gu ests,there is a nice feel about the place and the entertainment is dancing, bingo and resident singers.We paid in advance for an 1 hour bar(£4.75) which you can use between 7,30-10.30pm thought well worth it as most drinks £3.00 each only certain drinks but not too bad.The food was good as long as you dont have too high expectaions you can have a nice stay

Room Tip: Ensure your room has a window,some of the single rooms are very small,they will move you if you stand your ground
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank alanjacks0n
Grand724, General Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Room was lovely, clean, comfortable with nice en-suite, but was internal . . . . .no windows and felt very claustrophobic. would not stay again in an 'underground room'.

Food adequate, staff friendly and overall 'value for money'

Room Tip: Avoid room without window!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PFPR9

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed at the Brittania Grand Hotel Scarborough. Had a quick break and I must say I was very impressed with the accommodation and food. The service was excellent and the staff were so friendly and helpful. All in all they couldn't do enough for you.

We went on a last minute deal and got a free bottle of wine each evening to go with it. Would definitely go back.

Great base for walking aswell.

Room Tip: Be cheeky when you arrive and ask for a free upgrade if they are not busy they will accommodate you
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catherine35

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I booked a weekend here in June it was a last minute weekend away and with it being half term all the good hotels were already fully booked. I was aware that The Grand have been closed down numerous times before with Ecoli outbreaks, but figured that the last time was years ago and I wanted to get away for a weekend and they had rooms going cheap so I thought what the hell lets take a risk..... BIG MISTAKE!!

I booked over the phone with the hotel 2 days before I was due to arrive and was advised that check in time was 3pm. I arrived promptly at 3pm and was rudely turned away by reception and told to come back at 4pm, there was no explanation as to why and when I protested that I had been informed that check in was 3pm I was again just told to go away until 4pm.

Arriving back at 4pm and I was shocked to meet a queue snaking round the lobby as hundreds of people all tried to check in together. I queued for an hour before finally getting to reception to try and check in. I gave my name and the woman flicked through the printed out copies of check in forms and couldn't find me, she offered some other names like I was stupid and unable to give my own name and then asked for the booking reference, unfortunately I didn't have this to hand so she told me in no uncertain terms that without a booking reference I could not check in and she dismissed me and called the next person in line.

Shocked by this I protested and asked if this meant I was unable to check in because I'd already paid and if that was the case I'd want my money back, luckily (or unluckily as it turned out) someone else on reception with a brain was able to find the booking on the computer and talk to me with some respect to get me checked in.

On arrival in the room I was pretty disappointed, it felt a bit grubby and was lacking the basics like a shower, phone etc. The room was in dire need of updating, but I guess the hotel is popular with the older generation so they might appreciate this sort of décor.

I could live with the room for a couple of nights, but the cherry on the cake was the leaflet on the pillow which was worded like a hideous sales offer asking me if I'd heard of the Norovirus because the hotel was currently suffering from a strain of it ripping through the hotel and I could catch all sorts of delights like projectile vomiting and diarrhoea... oh excellent just what I'd always wanted!!

The hotel should have informed me of this situation on arrival and offered the opportunity to get a refund, but this did not happen. This is the kind of hotel you're dealing with here, they don't really care about the customers they just want your money so will fail to fulfil their legal obligation just to get your cash.

The experience didn't get any better the food at breakfast was simply appalling, there is no fresh tea made for you there is just a flash on each table with pre-made tea in it which wasn't very warm and tasted foul. The bacon, eggs and sausages were also awful, I tried to stick to toast which was actually more like squares of cardboard, it was so bad I ended up visiting a cafe in town for a 'proper' breakfast just to fill me up!

I was so appalled with the service and the stay that I complained to the hotel along with a few thousand other people I should imagine. Initially I was pleased that the manager acknowledged how bad things were and offered some money back, however even this has been a right pain and the man I have been dealing with has failed to keep his word and when challenged has just lied to me saying things have been done when they clearly haven't.

It's this continuation of poor service and dishonesty that has led me for the first time ever to write a review on here even when I have 'eventually' received some compensation back, normally once I receive compensation I tend to feel less aggrieved, but on this occasion I'm not and feel that people need to be warned to avoid this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: Best tip I can offer is stay somewhere else! You'll enjoy it more and have less risk of getting ill after your stay!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Noodle4
Grand724, General Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

While we appreciate all comments I would disagree with this gentlemans comments. We have never had "Ecoli" and clearly the guest is unhappy at not receiving compensation and feels the need to vent his frustrations.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Where do I start...me and my husband went last weekend and as we have young children, we hardly ever get tiem away or time out, so we have to really make the most of it when we do! Scarborough its self was great, but the hotel is extreemly Grand, you go up these huge steps at the front with pillars as you go to the front doors and then you enter this huge, relaxing lounge area and all rooms come off there, ie..Caberet room, terrace, reception,games room, bars and a huge, beautiful staircase leading to the rooms, we stayed on the 2nd floor and the room was simple and perhaps in the style of the 60's or something, but very clean, tidy and had everything you could need to make your stay comfortable, I have to say the shower was new and warm/hot and fast...very refreshing, better then trying to catch the drips as you do at some other hotels! the terrace was huge, all round the back of the hotel over looking the beach and sea! the views were amazing, as we sat there with drinks,looking at all of Scarborough! we were half board, so we had breakfast and dinner, again very nice and if you could beat the oldies to the breakfast/dinner room, you could be seated next to the windows again, filled with views! I have to say, we are a young couple, there were some other young couples and familes, children, babies but mostly elderly folks, but we had a great time! the staff were so helpful and friendly etc....Nial,Gary,Linzi and Kirsty at the bar and Vicky at reception...just to name a few, door security guys were lovely, cleaning staff..etc... carry on the good work folks!!!! The hotel is just a short walk to everything you need and want out of our holiday, restaurants,shops bars, beach...etc, we loved a cocktail bar just nearby, all fresh gorgeous coctails are made there with fresh Ingredients, mint, strawberries...etc! there was a young lady singing as the caberet and she moved and sang well, was nice joining in! I dont know what else to say, just dont read all the bad stuff about this friendly, beautiful hotel...its amazing, next time we go, we will take the children too. Thanks for reading my review, had to do this as we had such a great time in a great hotel, cant sell it enough...lol!!!

Room Tip: rooms are roomy and clean and comfortable, premier have the sea views though!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple