Grand Hotel Scarborough
The Crescent Hotel(Scarborough)
US$163
US$147
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$706
US$100
  • Pool
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
US$91
US$88
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$134
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$120
US$100
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
6,958 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Having seen so many negative reviews, on here and elsewhere, I wasn't expecting much but needed a bed for the night. £28 b&b via Laterooms what could possibly go wrong! Truly incredible value for money. Superb view from room & really good buffet breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank thetreasurer1997
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Never been so disappointed with a hotel before.As we were updated to all inclusive,a few days before we were due to travel.........we had no choice but to accept this late change.It was chaos when we arrived,we had to carry our cases up to our rooms...and there were some very elderly people in our coach, a workman had to show us which lift was working.Poor lighting in bedroom,could not read at nighttime. Shock to find this is a self service dining room,with one toast machine, and coffee machine.Elderly guests,with walking sticks found it very hard to get their meals themselves, never had such poor meals before in any hotel.Had to queue up for our Free Wine before we went into the dining room.The entertainment was the same every evening...which was not suited to the general age of the guests....70....to 80 years and over.Found the lounge very chilly in the evenings,i had to ask a member of staff to close the OUTER DOOR,which they did,but on our last evening I requested the same,as it was cold, and the Manager came to me and stated.........it was more than his job..to close it..it had to be opened at all times.Not a very helpful your man at all.I think it is disgusting to put the health of elderly guests staying there..when I read the notice of possible Nova Virus happening here.We were told to stay in our rooms if taken ill..and to let member of staff knoow...Tell ME How when there were no telephones in the bedrooms.Whilst shopping.......we were told by Shopkeepers it was common knowledge that at least ONCE A YEAR this hotel was closed because of this Virus.National Holidays should take this hotel out of their brochure. Would advise people to not waste their money booking at this hotel.

Room Tip: I looked into THE ROYAL HOTEL whilst I was there,and this put the Grand to shame.Everyone was so helpful in letting me look around the place,dining room so bright with white tablecloths etc, very cosy lounged,warm.so different.Very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank joycebent

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. All your feedback has been passed to the relevant departments for improvements.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed in a unit for 3 days with an excellent view very old building so keeping it very clean is obviously an issue- enjoyed the stay. Booked under the name of Randall from Australia. Good value for money because of the location, why would you book into a caravan park costing more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Where to start, I've just got back from this joke of a hotel and thought I'd put my views for you all to see and don't make the same mistake. On arriving at this hotel it looked fine and the reception stairway was lovely too and was looking forward to seeing our room, unfortunately that's where it came to a end. Entering our room we was very shocked at the old style furniture that had been thrown in any spot, the bathroom shower was rusty and smelt of sewage. The bed linen had stains on and there was no light except night light above bed- must be a standard room!! The windows looked like they hadn't been washed in years and carpet was stained and very grubby. Our first trip to the canteen oops sorry (restaurant) was shocking, food was not up to standards and was Not edible. Staff was rude and not welcoming and was about as helpful as being slapped around the face with one of their cheap undercooked sausages.To make matters worse,despite telling the hotel my sister is wheelchair bound they chucked us up on the second floor as they pointed out they have adequate lifts. On the final day it took me and my sister took 25 minutes to get in their tiny lifts. Which was clearly my breaking point. I went to complain at the main desk only to be ignored and gang up on by reception and manager on day and said if I didn't calm down they would call the police. This is without a doubt the worst hotel in Scarborough (if not the entire country)...but don't take my word for it read the other non employees below wink wink.

Room Tip: Hotel opposite looks lovely
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1,234,512,345,650

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

we were booked into the grand to stay sat nd sun night..My parents,my wife nd myself in two standard double rooms..On the friday night at 9:30 pm i received a telephone call stating that we had been transferred to the clifton as the grand was overbooked even though our bookings had been made nrly a month earlier.We werent happy as we stay at the grand approx 6 to 7 times per year but accepted it as we didnt want it to spoil our weekend.This is where the amazing customer service starts.Dan (duty manager) and Dale (reservations) arranged for us to be half board instead of bed and breakfast.We were given beautiful sea view rooms and during saturday Dan turned up at the clifton in his own time to see if we were ok and to drop a cple of bottles of wine off for us as a token of goodwill.These gestures by Dan and Dale made our weekend extra special and we had an amazing time.Only problem is we now dont know wether to choose the grand or the clifton on our visits to scarborough.Once again thank you from the cockcroft family

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends