Grand Hotel Scarborough
US$60
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
US$124
  • Restaurant
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$117
US$154
US$109
PremierInn.com
7,014 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just stayed at The Grand in Scarborough. Thanks to some amazing weather and friendly staff it has been a wonderful little break. The Hotel staff were a little disorganised in regards to me paying before I had arrived. I was asked to pay again on arrival however I had already paid before. They were however very willing to help when it was needed. They also assisted me promptly on a matter involving one of the catering staff who really upset me, the manager was very understanding and took me seriously. Other than this incident everything was great at the hotel. The room we stayed in was an executive room with a Spa bath which was fantastic -I will really miss this. The bed was surprisingly comfy despite it not been memory foam. I got a really good nights sleep on both nights. The food was tasty although would have been nice to have a little bit more choice. Breakfast was really tasty with a variety of options; healthy such as fruit and yogurt and then the hearty not so healthy - which everyone loves on holidays - full English options.The Seagulls were a shame as they pooed everywhere, and the sea views were spoilt somewhat due to the stringed barrier to stop people jumping out, which seemed pretty pointless as the windows wouldn't open enough to do this. It was good having them though and you could see lighthouses miles out to sea. The rooms were far too hot and were in desperate need of ventilation.
Scarborough has two very different areas to it. One side is a slightly rough and needs updating but has a pretty bay and a 200 year old tram system taking you right to the top of the cliffs to have a walk, and an open theatre and Spa. The other side has a lovely parade to walk along with amazing views of the sea and horizon and Ask restaurant which serves great Italian food with friendly service and located well with views over the harbour. There are also pretty towns near by such as Filey, Robin Hoods bay and Whitby. Filey has the Brigg which is very spectacular and has a famous fish and chip shop. Robin Hoods Bay is gorgeous too with a fantastic beach great for children as there are lovely little rock pools with crabs. Would recommend for short trips to the coast. We will be going back.

Room Tip: I would recommend a premiere room or executive and definitely a sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jennifer M
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

On arrival I was very apprehensive after reviews I had read had been very off putting but I thought it's only one night so just give it a go.All in all it's not the best hotel I have ever stayed in but in all fairness the room was clean the beds where comfy and the location was fabulous.The evening meal was a bit unappealing but adequate.Evening entertainment was a bit lacking but the drinks prices where reasonable.Breakfast was lovely which was good.Only negative points where the lack of plug sockets,the crap view and the lack of decent tv's and channels.Its just a shame this once amazing building has been allowed to slip into such a sorry state.Would I stay here again?Yes I would because you basically get what you pay for and it's reasonably priced considering it's location!Anyone who wants a top notch high started hotel give it a miss but if u want a reasonably price place to stay as a base for your holiday then give it a go

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alli B

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend last night and this was our first, but unfortunately our last visit.... On arrival, the Hotel looked very dated and we both agreed that this may just be the feel they wanted to give off - but the rooms would be justified. When we were given our room key and told to take the lift to floor -2, I was a little concerned, but still said nothing. We were shown to a lift that looked like it should only be used for staff and pressed the button for our floor. When the doors opened, a high smell of mould and excess heat met us.. We walked down the corridor to our room and opened the door. We were met by a single bed, in a box room with a separate bathroom and no window!!! As I mentioned earlier it was me and my boyfriend, so we were looking around the room to see if the Hotel also provided the straws that we had to pull to decide who had the bed!!! I went back to Reception and asked if there were any other rooms available and the Lady on Reception was very helpful and changed our room. In fact, all the Hotel Staff we encountered on our visit were very helpful. In our new room, we had a window and a double bed, but no working TV - which took a few requests to get replaced!! Dinner was a Carvery menu and in past experience, this is usually a selection of meats? On offer we had pork, sausage and bacon casserole, Mexican meatballs and tuna pasta bake - served with a selection of vegetables. For £10.95 per person, I would've expected much more food and much less flies in the Dining Room. The local taxi service Nippy Cars were appalling and not very reliable, so please beware!!! I read comments before I started this review and notice cleanliness was an issue. On leaving today, my boyfriend went to use the Reception toilet and when he went into a cubicle, there was faeces all over the toilet seat and walls, so was the final nail in the Coffin for our stay!! It's a massive Hotel and I think Management need to invest a lot more money on Housekeeping Staff, as the few that I saw were definitely struggling to cope - as lovely as they were. In fact, the whole Hotel needs a massive renovation and can do with deep clean, as in terms of star rating - I would struggle to give this even a 1 star!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MsSKF

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your recent visit to us. We will use your feedback to improve the hotel.

I can read from your review not all areas were to your expectations.

I would encourage you to contact us direct so we can discuss your feedback further.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having booked a budget room didn't expect it to be that diabolical.I can only explain the room as a dungeon,smelt very damp and the smell very off putting.The TV did not work and was very small.The breakfast very basic but no need to go hungry.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue M

Dear Valued Guest,

I can read from your review not all areas were to your expectations.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just back from a 4 night stay at The Grand with a group of 40 I must say I was a bit worried having read bad reviews but everything was good nice room nice food lovely staff what more could you ask for.....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends