Grand Hotel Scarborough
Rivelyn Hotel(Scarborough)
US$60
Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
US$173
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$657
PremierInn.com
Park Manor Hotel(Scarborough)
Priceline
7,018 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stay at this hotel for 3 nights every November as I attend a 4 day painting holiday. It's a shame really I can imagine it was very Grand in its heyday, but those days are long gone. However on that note I have to say over the last 3 years, they have made some improvements in the public areas, and ongoing decorating improvements in the bedrooms, but the cleanliness in my room last year, left a lot to be desired, the inside of the drawers and wardrobe shelves were dusty, the radiator was dirty where coffee had been splattered all over it and the bulbs in my bedside lights didn't work and there was no mattress cover on the bed, I reported all of these, but it was only on my last day that it was rectified. The food is very good, but there are two dining rooms, we are always in the small one, and the staff in this dining room were always pleasant and chatty. I can't comment on the large dining room.
The hotel has stunning views out to sea perched high up on St Nicholas Cliff, it is central for the shopping centre and walks on the prom. I don't like to complain, but sometimes you must. Come on you have a beautiful historical building there, bring it back to its former glory!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ann_Marie438
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your stay in Novemeber 2013.

I can read from your review not all areas were to your expectations.

We are continuing to invest heavily across our hotel over the coming year.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

i found this hotel ok have stayed in worse food was soso room ok it was some to lay your head it only cost £59 ok for one night as only used the hotel as somewhere to sleep would not like to stay any longer than maybe 2 nights scarbough a good place to visit

Room Tip: cant say all rooms i saw looked the same
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind and honest comments during your recent visit to us.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my family have just stayed at this dive of a hotel for my mum's birthday it cost just short of 400 for our stay 1 night for me and my partner 2 nights for my parent's, the problems quickly started for my parents as when they arrived there room was occupied by a builder looking for a leak in there room, the smell was horrible (surely the front desk knew about this potential problem) we went to the front desk and confronted a member of staff called Dale who was abrupt, un-helpfull and extremely rude he sed there were no other rooms available and that we had to 'deal with it' he then took off his jacket turned his back and walked away! It took a further 3 hours to get a room on a different wing which wasn't much better.
Me and my partner went to our room and again the smell was appalling the clenliness was disgusting to say the least, Staines on the walls and chairs and thick dust everywhere...clearly needs more cleaning staff (that care) and a serious upgrade in hotel standards.
To top our stay off we were informed that the Nouro virus was circulating the hotel, we therefore spent as little time as possible in this poor excuse for a hotel...anything but Grand!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Andy M
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your recent visit to us.

I can read from your review not all areas were to your expectations.

Cleanliness is key to our product, I can see procedures we have in place have not been adhered to this matter will be fully investigated.

In relation to the notice regarding Noro-virus you may have seen in the media a number of outbreaks around the uk in hospitals, the letter is for educational purposes, to educate you, our guests, we have found this 100% successful in preventing any outbreak, there has been no recent outbrake within the hotel.

I would encourage you to contact us direct so we can discuss your feedback further.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

In an effort to keep this as short as possible I will simply list things as they happened.
We, a coach party of pensioners from Liverpool, arrived at the Britannia Grand hotel, Scarborough on the 23 June.
1: We had to see to our own luggage.
2: After queuing for the lift for over twenty minutes we got to our room on the first floor, found it small and lacking in wardrobe space. The toilet and shower were adequate, but the wash basin was located in the bedroom?
3: Immediately outside the windows were EIGHT pairs of nesting gulls along with their chicks (I leave you to imagine the noise).
4: Decided to take advantage of the hotels’ upgrading facility – £10 per night for a fourth floor “superior” room with sea view. The “Sea view” was a tiny window set high in the wall and gave (if you stood on something) a perfect view of the sea – well, a small section of it … and nothing else! The room itself was one third smaller than our original one, but it did have the wash basin in with the shower and toilet.
5: Returned to reception. Had to wait for twenty or so irate guests to make their complaints before we could question their definition of “Superior rooms”. We were told they had nothing more to offer so we decided to stay in our original room.

6: Dinner. After a ten minute wait we finally got the lift down to the dining room – well, to the passage leading to it where we queued for ten more minutes: they have this system where guests have to show a card with their details before they could get in – about one in every three had left theirs in their rooms and were made to go and get it (why could our room key not be used as proof of who we were?).

7: Food was plentiful, but bland with not a great selection and each day’s menu seemed to be near enough a duplicate of the day before.

8: Entertainment, 45 minutes of it each night, was provided by a male and female vocalist with two dancers.
9: Bingo was a complicated, very expensive affair and the prize money seemed exceptionally low for the amount of players.

10: Breakfast, (7-30am to 9-30am): We, after yet another frustrating, even longer wait for the lift, arrived ten minutes after 9am and turned right to get the same table we’d had for dinner. Waitress comes along and, somewhat curtly, tells us this side is being prepared for the evening meal. We go to the opposite end and select a table. Waitress hurries up and tells us to move because the table has not been set. We find a table at the far end that appears to be ready. Waitress hurries along and tells us it has been set for the evening meal and …

This list could go on and on; things like the staff switching the lifts off so they alone can use them; price of drinks; minimal supply of towels and pillows, leaking showers etc, etc.

But I will be content to end with the phrase, something we heard repeated over and over by the majority of other guests …

“We’ll never come here again!”

Room Tip: going by our experience - impossible
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank scouser70

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your recent visit to us. We will use your feedback to improve the hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent one night here because it was somewhere we have always wanted to stay. Checkin was easy but finding the lift and then our room wasn't due to lack of signage. The room was very dated and the shower needed retiling, the basin was badly cracked all over and the whole room was ready for redecorating. The worst bit though was the noise from the drainage from the rooms above flowing around the room most of the night, like being in the centre of a whirlpool. Also the seagulls were very loud although that is not the fault of the hotel, but could possibly have put deterents on all the ledges!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple