Grand Hotel Scarborough
Park Manor Hotel(Scarborough)
US$151
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$207
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
US$105
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$145
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$127
Travelocity
6,963 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I know you only get what you pay for but.....
Very busy with lots of coach trips but reception very brusque. Dinner was a nightmare. School dinners were more organised and, truth to tell, more appetizing. Cabaret hadn't begun by 10.15!!!
On a positive note: our room was clean and comfortable, and £3 parking per day not exorbitant.
Loved Scarborough hated The Grand

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank YorkshireGrandma
Grand724, Manager at Grand Hotel Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your recent visit to us, we will use your feedback to improve the hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not a lot more to complain about than all other negative reviews!! Safe to say that this is the very worst hotel that any of our party of four have ever stayed in!!!Really cannot find one positive thing to review¬!!! , Please do not book this hotel, we booked on a national coach holiday tour and in view of the standard of this hotel I doubt very much that we will be using them or a Britannia group hotel ever again!!!

Room Tip: Speaking to other guests, all rooms seem to have ha their problems!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank lincross

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here some years ago and had a lovely time so we thought we would give it another go, just for the night. Dreadful! That is pretty much the right word to describe the evening.

Like my restaurant review (see below), I’d prefer not to rant on. I’ll simply say that, compared to our previous visit, we were completely stunned at the difference. It was just so much worse than before. Everything. Worse.

Out of respect for our previous stopover, and for the fact that it really is a fine, majestic building with abundant heritage, I am not going to extrapolate further. It may be somebody’s cup of tea as it is now but not ours, and I'm afraid that this was our last visit – unless someone buys the place and throws a few million at it in improvements!

The Harbour Lights restaurant (within The Grand):

I'm not going to seethe on about my meal here. Suffice to say that the food was truly appalling, possibly the worst meal I've ever had in a restaurant. Everything about it was bad. I'm sorry but words simply do fail me to even begin to describe it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms below ground level at all costs! No windows and an almost indescribably bad smell!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Eddie_Peanut

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel we have ever stayed in.
Food, virtually inedible.
Rooms, extremely tired, but clean.
Public areas, filthy.
Entertainment, none.
No parking, have to park on the street and pay £3.00
I would suggest a senior manager from Brittania actually stayed over at this hotel to see how awful this place is.
We have stayed at over 100 hotels in our life time and this is the pits.
The entertainment was a large TV in the main lounge showing a film on BBC 3.
Come on Brittania spend some money on this place, it could be fabulous but needs a full refurb.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank musicman69

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My husband myself and my two small children stayed for a two night stay in April unfortunately I don't have many positives as we really didn't enjoy our stay.
We are vegetarian and the waitresses in the restaurant looked and treated us like we had a condition that might be catchy and we were thoroughly disappointed to find we were left with one choice in microwave meal for food!
The room we stayed on which was the fourth floor was absolutely FREEZING and considering our stay was in spring I was shocked at how cold the hotel was and my children shivered during the night when I enquired about heating as it really was that cold in the room I was told no one had any access to it. So that was it a large radiator only heated to a lukewarm temperature twice a day was supposed to keep my lil family warm in a sea front room with a window that had a single pane of glass that let so much cold air in.
The hotel is rather grand in appearance but needs closer attention and the overall theme seems set back in time slightly and by no means do I want to sound judgemental but if your over 60 you should fit in very well as we were the youngest family to stay while we were there!

Stayed: August 2014