“unwell”

Ranked #235 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe, Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Durham, United Kingdom
“unwell”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant yesterday,initially on going inside it appeared very nice.Nice views,friendly staff.Toilets dated,but not exceptionally clean!However we ordered haddock ,chips,mushy peas,tea,bread and butter.I asked for a lightly battered fish,which the waitress said could be done.However after 3-4minutes maximum our meal came and the waitress stated that the fish I received was the lightest battered fish they had?
Unfortunately 15 minutes after the meal on the way home in the car I felt unwell.Bloated stomache and feeling sick!! My husband felt sick too! We needed the toilet several times that night and this morning!we are both feeling sick and unwell!! the fish looked very greasy on top of the skin I noticed and tried to remove it with a paper napkin.on reflection we think the fish had been recooked!! from cold? If we could write a review on their website we would.However I don't appear to be able to find one!!
We would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! It spoilt what had been a lovely day out for us!! We still feel unwell and sick,dont know how long it will last.It is advertised as the best FRESH FISH!! restaurant in town but I don't think this fish was fresh!! As Smh2009 Stated in his review not sure what the fish is cooked in,i don't think it is personal preference something is wrong somewhere!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank kathryn g

leicester
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I walked past on a saturday night, initially thinking it wasn't open but I ventured in, hardly anybody in, great view over the sea. I ordered a main meal- haddock, which was beautiful and very tasty and reasonably priced. The service was prompt and polite, I couldn't understand why more people weren't in, fantastic restaurant. Next time I go, i'll be going here again.

• Visited October 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“very good fish and chips!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

okay, the bad bit first...the building is old and looks it. its not posh, looks well used and the toilets are really bad...however, I went there to eat and the large Haddock, chips and peas was delicious and well worth the 9.95 I paid. All my family, seven of us were well happy with our meals, its not the first time we've been. Finally special praise for the service... fast and friendly. Worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
Sheffield
“Restaurant 55”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was the first time we'd tried here after passing it by after several visits to Scarborough.

Staff were friendly, got served within a reasonable amount of time.

Food was plenty, served hot. Not sure what they cook the fish in, but wasn't overly keen. This was personal preference though.

Would go again

Visited September 2013
Sheffield
“Restaurant 55”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Staff were friendly, got served within a reasonable amount of time.

Would go again