“Excellent fish and chips with great views of the bay”
Review of Restaurant 55

Restaurant 55
Ranked #249 of 357 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish and chips with great views of the bay”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Eaten here 3 times now and have been very happy with food and service. Tried the large haddock today and it was a good job my son was with me to help me out, it was huge and very good.

• Visited December 2013

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Very friendly”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Good place to stop for fish and chips if, like us, you've been for a long walk on the beach with your dog. Really friendly staff. Treated our dog to a free sausage and water. Seating with dogs limited to the area by the front window but still get a view of the sea. Good fish and chips - the large fish is massive. Well cooked. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2013
Grimsby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Myself and my family, including my mother-in-law and our well behaved puppy were visiting Primrose Valley during half term. As we have found in previous holidays, you always struggle to find anywhere decent to eat when you take your pet with you! Well, all I can say is we were pleasantly surprised. After noticing the signs on the outside of the building, we proceeded to enter and were greeted very well, even with Ollie (the puppy). Granted, we were not in the main restaurant, however, the seats in the foyer were more than adequate for our needs. Ollie appreciated the bowl of water too! The food was very nice, although we did think that perhaps the quiche could have been served hot along with the chips. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal and my daughters were chuffed to bits with their hot chocolate drinks too! Keep up the good work!

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Food Amazing”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Doesn't look like much until you walk through the door. Views are excellent, and the food was gorgeous. Unfortunately I am allergic to fish so not a massive amount on menu for me, but what I did have was really tasty and filling. My husband loved all of the food that he had. Well worth a visit.

Visited August 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“unwell”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant yesterday,initially on going inside it appeared very nice.Nice views,friendly staff.Toilets dated,but not exceptionally clean!However we ordered haddock ,chips,mushy peas,tea,bread and butter.I asked for a lightly battered fish,which the waitress said could be done.However after 3-4minutes maximum our meal came and the waitress stated that the fish I received was the lightest battered fish they had?
Unfortunately 15 minutes after the meal on the way home in the car I felt unwell.Bloated stomache and feeling sick!! My husband felt sick too! We needed the toilet several times that night and this morning!we are both feeling sick and unwell!! the fish looked very greasy on top of the skin I noticed and tried to remove it with a paper napkin.on reflection we think the fish had been recooked!! from cold? If we could write a review on their website we would.However I don't appear to be able to find one!!
We would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! It spoilt what had been a lovely day out for us!! We still feel unwell and sick,dont know how long it will last.It is advertised as the best FRESH FISH!! restaurant in town but I don't think this fish was fresh!! As Smh2009 Stated in his review not sure what the fish is cooked in,i don't think it is personal preference something is wrong somewhere!!

• Visited October 2013