“Improve your education with the visit”
Review of Rotunda Museum

Rotunda Museum
Ranked #21 of 87 things to do in Scarborough
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Grandad Tightwad invited his youngest grandson to join us for a few days on the Yorkshire coast. I was delighted that he would have a mate to fossil hunt with whilst I stayed outside a pub waiting for old fossils to talk to me over their pints.
Well worth a visit and I found it interesting to see very rare exhibits, of crocodile remains. There is a small charge to go in but kids are free. We spent a couple of hours there......toilets once you have paid your admission free are included in the price. so save yourself paying 40p for a wee in the Scarborough sea front public toilets.
Mr Tightwad and grandson will return another time to learn even more. My grandson took advantage of the games. He is probably the most learned kid re. fossils in his class. I tried to absorb as much as my brain would take in.

2  Thank Tightwads

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is only a small museum and, being situated on the "dinosaur coast" focuses on geology and palaeontology. It houses the famous Speeton Plesiosaur (so new it doesn't have a proper name yet). Admission is £3 but that gives you access to the Scarborough Art Gallery too, and not just once, but for a whole year.

1  Thank PMLaycock
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Came here for a class trip from S6F and we didn't have to pay anything. Considering all the beautiful artefacts and exhibitions they had it was very good. Living in the town it won't be something I'll visit regularly however I'd recommend tourists to pop in and have a look round as everything is very beautiful even the architecture of the building.

1  Thank M0j0j0j030
Reviewed 12 May 2014

we visited this small museum to see the dinosaur exhibition , it only took us 10 mins to walk round very tiny but the stone aged coffin and the skeleton was cool!

1  Thank noynoy1
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

It's limited by its small size so there's not much interactive kids stuff but they've made the most of what they have. At £3 per adult it's good value and well worth going up to the top galley just to see the amazing ceiling!