“Stunning food packed with taste”
Review of Nomad Cafe - CLOSED

Nomad Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fabulous friendly service and amazing food. Even sporting a range of gluten free/dairy free cake :) Yum.

1  Thank Allotmenteer7
There are newer reviews for Nomad Cafe

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wow. What a hidden gem. My wife and I eat out 2 to 3 times a week and this has become a weekly favourite of ours. The specials menu board is what attracts us. Why? It changes weekly, freshly cooked and the creativity and passion that goes into giving you that something a little bit more is something I would highly recommend.
Alongside this menu is served what can be described as your regular classics such as Panninis , jackets, sandwiches, but the specials board really sets this place alight .
There's defiantly something for everyone on this menu and I would say try it.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the decor, a collection of accessories collected from there travels and warm spacious social spaces.
If your just after a coffee and cake experience you are well catered for. The cakes are all wonderfully made and displayed beautifully.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough. BRAVO CAFE NOMAD.

1  Thank Tomlinsonrob1
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nomad in Scarborough offers delicious food suitable for vegans, gluten-free dudes and meat-eaters.
Today I had a tasty meal of cauliflower cheese - but not your ordinary version. Nomad's take on the dish included ginger, cashews, chilli and coconut milk and it was beyond tasty. The meal came with a generous portion of gluten-free garlic bread and a fresh, crunchy side salad. If I could have licked the plate, I would have done!
My husband broke with tradition (he usually has a mountain of scrambled eggs on several slices of toast), and he was persuaded to have roasted vegetables, rice, lentils and crispy fried onions. And yes, he loved it!
We both had hot drinks - a latte for him, a hot chocolate for me - and the hot chocolate is probably one of the best I've ever tasted.
I have read some reviews stating negative things about Nomad - and I don't agree with any of them. We've been numerous times to Nomad and never found the menu to be boring or standard. Some reviewers just have no imagination when it comes to trying new tastes and flavours.

2  Thank BronteBabe15
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Dropped in for lunch here recently and we were not disappointed. I'm a meat eater but opted for the Falafel and Hummus Wrap.with side salad. My partner had one of the specials, a Thai Chicken with Quinoa Salad which had mango and peanuts in it with ginger. Both dishes were very fresh and the quality of the food was excellent. The cafe is decked out with some tribal art and tables with tickets and maps of the owners travels. It's refreshing to see something a little different in Scarborough. I only wish they opened longer hours. Well done to a smashing little cafe. They cater for Vegetarian, Meat eaters, Dairy and Gluten Free. Licensed too.

3  Thank KASA70
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I simply cannot endorse this small amateurishly run cafe. I rang ahead only to be told they'd be closing that day at 3pm and that they'd be closing for the next few days , no reason given so certainly not a 'reliable local gem'!When they did opt to open I found a very limited menu of the same boring cafe staples 'jackets, toasties, paninis' wow !
Please avoid, this cafe is a nonentity. If you want knockout food walk 100m down Eastborough to the Calf vegan cafe where the food is 5 stars albeit occasionally served by terse unfriendly staff (the young blonde girl is a gem though)

2  Thank lufc72
Owen S, Owner at Nomad Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi,
Please let me apologise for your disappointment that we weren't open after 3pm when you wished to visit us. Our opening hours are 11.00-15.00 Tuesday to Saturday. Our opening hours used to be longer but we found it not to be cost effective to remain open past 3pm.
I can only guess that you did indeed visit Scarborough and saw one of our menus in the window when we were closed. This is our snacks and light bite menu that stands along side our ever changing and unique specials menu which we also display outside our cafe when we are open. Although we do offer panninis on our menu we have never offered Toasties or Jacket Potatoes.
We consider all of our customers as guests of ours and take great effort in ensuring that everything about your experience with us is to your liking.
We can only hope that next time you are visiting Scarborough that you choose to come to us for lunch and possibly write a review on your experience.
If I am wrong and you did actually visit us and found our food and service to be Terrible, then I apologise once more.