“Embarassment for Costa”
Review of Costa Coffee

Costa Coffee
Ranked #149 of 365 Restaurants in Scarborough
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place seriously needs a good refurb. Compared to other costa cafes I've visited, this place is seriously in the dumps.

The only table that was free when I visited, was dangerously near two steps at the back of the cafe and the chair was only a few millimetres away from the edge of a step, had someone been sat on it, and moved even the slightest backwards, they would be on their back and possibly have a back injury. Wheres the health and safety costa ?? Where I was sat the dishwashing area was visible and it was obv noisy and not something you wana look at when having a relaxing coffee.

I went in twice on a weekend, both times there were no tuna paninis available. For some reason all the food wasnt displayed like usual ?? & there was a note in the fridge, to ask staff. It seemed to be either in the back, so when you place your order the barista would go missing for ten minutes, only to come back and say they havent got what you want ?? I've actually never been to a costa, where they have had no vegetarian/tuna paninis. It was funny that the barista having made me wait so long then offered me a bacon sandwich, which being a muslim I declined.

The staff were polite, but everything else was just soooooo poor. The place looked very unkept, and had there been a starbucks in the area I would have gone there.

There are newer reviews for Costa Coffee

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Same layout as any other Costa store, however this one is in desperate need of a refurbishment as the tables, chairs etc look past their best. Staff were very friendly and did their best o keep the store clean, not the best Costa I have ever been in. Don't sit were you can view the dish washing area, will put you off your coffee as very grubby.

1  Thank ClanGraham
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I called into costa with two friends for a coffee and cake. We had with us three young children. My son was playing around with the cups and managed to knock a full cup of coffee on himself the floor and the table as you can imagine he was very very upset. I was just about to get up and search for a cloth when one of the baristers came over. I though at first we may be in trouble but no he immidiatly started to wipe my son clean first not the floor or table but my son, he also made little jokes and really cheered my boy up. I offered to clean the floor and I was told not to be silly I was here to enjoy my break. So once he had finished I carried on chatting etc. about three minuets later he came back across with a new coffee for me and a babychinno for my son. I went for my purse and was told no charge. I can hand on heart say this is the BEST customer service I have ever received from a coffee chain. They put my sons needs first and at no point got annoyed with the mess made. On leaving I asked a member of staff if I could speak to management as I wanted to praise the young man, It turned out that he was management. This shocked me even more as its not often you will find management who are willing to clean etc. well don't costa and thank you

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Costa coffee is costa coffee - you know what you are getting but as for an establishment - dirty place where your feet stick to the floor as you walk!

1  Thank hunterbrew
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Went in here for a coffee. It's a bit expensive and the cakes ordinary and a bit boring. The cafe looks in need of a refit and the floor was very dirty. We sat opposite a kitchen where they wash the pots and it looks pretty grotty even the mop and bucket is dirty and worn out. The Coffee was o k but put off by the look of the place. Staff don't seem interested in the customers.

1  Thank Hazel D