“Not so bad”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Everyone's experience is different, that's the great thing about how TripAdvisor consolidates all the reviews into an overall rating.

But in the one time I visited Wetherspoons' Lord Rosebery with three others, I didn't have the same one star experience that others have had.

The food was good, the service was fast, and everything was delivered at once. Plenty of seating options, too.

1  Thank Jeff P

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am a fan of Wetherspoons and use the excellent one in Bridlington on a weekly basis for food and drinks as we have a caravan in the town. Around 6 times a year we stay overnight in Scarborough so we can have a night out. We called in the Lord Rosebery earlier in the year and during the visit I ordered a coffee after a meal. The meal was fine but the coffee was cold so the waitress replaced it and gave me a voucher for a free coffee. So yesterday we called in again and i thought i would have the free coffee (we also ordered food and other drinks) When i handed over the voucher i was told that it was invalid as they hadn't used those ones for ages. The voucher was not dated and there was no small print so in my opinion it should have been honoured whenever it was produced and if there was a time limit they should have dated the voucher. I am not that desperate for a free coffee but I think it was a bit petty and also a little bit embarrassing to refuse the voucher. Bad customer service in my opinion they should have honoured it as a gesture of good will. Is it really worth putting off a regular customer over a coffee that would cost them pennies to produce? I paid for my coffee anyway (it was cold again!) I think i'll stick to the Barbican next time, their coffee is excellent!!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Seating is not great in this spoons, very easy to get stuck in a corner by very intimidating people. Food was horrible, not cooked thoroughly and the glasses were dirty. The moment more than three people walked in at once that didn't look local, sheer pandemonium occurs. Staff seemed very inexperienced for Spoons, not what I would expect.

Partner also did not enjoy this establishment which is a shame as we are regulars at other branches.

1  Thank srotideuk
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Close to the station and the town centre, the premises had plenty of space for meals. Service was good and as always, provided 'value for money'

Reviewed 13 July 2013

right in center of town you cnt beat for value at all lord roseberries has really good value meals you can have meals with drinks included from 619 or 2 meals for 829 cnt go wrong at all carlsberg is 2.15 a pint wow what else can i say