“Beautiful meal!”

Lazenby's on York Place
Ranked #24 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$6 - US$52
Cuisines: French, International, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: TOWN CENTER RESTAURANT, 4 min FROM TRAIN STATION & THEATRE. PERPENDICULAR TO MAIN ROAD (SHOP). SERVING ILLY COFFEE, SELECTION OF TEA, HOMEMADE CAKES. WE WELCOME YOU FOR COFFEE BREAKFAST QUICK OR RELAXED LUNCH, FROM LIGHT BITES TO BUSINESS MEALS. IN THE EVENING YOU MAKE YOU EXPERIENCE A NICE MEAL BEFORE THEATER, A QUICK MEAL BEFORE CASINO OR A VERY RELAXED BUT CHARMING DINER. WE HAVE GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS AND VEGETARIAN OPTIONS. ASK STAFF FOR INFORMATION.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful meal!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We chose this restaurant because it looked inviting from the outside. We had a beautiful meal and the staff were exceptional. We have recommended it to the hotel where we stayed who are going to visit with a view to recommending it to their guests. Thank you guys for a lovely evening!

• Visited April 2014

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Recommend”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a relatively new restaurant opened in mid 2013. We have supported Simon & Valerie, the owners, since the restaurant opened. Initially the restaurant was often quiet but the food was excellent although from a limited menu.
We dined there again recently, the restaurant was busy, bookings are now recommended and the daily specials a much more extensive.
Overall, a very good experience and highly recommended: but do remember to make a reservation.

Sir Rodney Walker

• Visited March 2014
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Had a family meal for my step granddaughters 21 birthday what a great time the food and the atmosphere was fantastic the calfskin liver was to die for and the red velvet birthday cake was superb we will definitely be going again

Visited March 2014
york
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had heard good things about this place from several people so decided to give it a try on our next regular girlie night. We went early evening and there was only one other diner who came and went while we were there and a couple who arrived as we left. To be fair, it was a horrible rainy night but it seemed cheerless and lacking atmosphere. I am veggie and neither do I eat fish but usually manage to find a couple of choices at least on a menu. I asked the waiter if the linguine (which I didn't really fancy) was the only veggie option, which he confirmed. (I was privately hoping that he offer a special or something very simple off the menu as the place was so quiet but he didn't. I have to say I didn't enjoy my meal, finding it very bland and tasteless. Two of my friends had fish, which they did say was very nice. I wasn't tempted by any of the desserts but the other three indulged. One had the creme brûlée which looked generous and attractive but left it as she did not like the taste of it. Perhaps it was because the place was so quiet, or maybe because it was early but we were soon finished and left with a rather flat feeling. I thought the prices were quite expensive and not great value for money, the service was ok but personally I found it disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank roombudYork
Scarborough UK
“Now becoming friends!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Clean cooking, nice service with our French family Maitre!
You can watch your food being cooked. Monsieur is a nice guy too!
Caring and friendly!
Great for breakfast or lunch...I havent tried dinner!

Love to see them experiment a bit... with veg accompaniments, peas or whatever...

I think they could do a few select specials which are simple BUT not standard as sandwiches or whatever...these guys are better than this. With a wee bit imagination they could really WOW the breakfast and linch market in Scarborough....before wowning the dinner market in a town where dinner is as predictable as rain in Glasgow!
Scarborough food is boring...these guys have the ingredients to add a wee twist! Please do guys!
Great though....well be back!

Visited February 2014