“Terrible casino”

The Opera House Casino
Ranked #175 of 357 Restaurants in Scarborough
Description: North Yorkshire's premier entertainment venue. Located in the beautiful east coast seaside town of Scarborough, Opera House Casino is an entertainment jewel in the crown. Privately owned and managed impeccably, Opera House Casino is the perfect destination for a fantastic night out. The venue offers all the favourite casino games, such as American Roulette, Blackjack and 3 Card Poker along with Electronic Roulette Terminals, £10,000 Jackpot Machines and weekly Texas Hold'em Poker Tournaments. Not only is Opera House Casino leading the way in entertainment, the Casino Lounge is perfect for just kicking back and relaxing and if you are looking for a unique place to eat, we serve light snacks from 10am with a full grill menu available in the evenings. There is definitely something for everyone!
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Terrible casino”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

First time to come here. I walked in was asked for I.D as I don't look 18 which I actually am. Showed them my passport which they refused because it's an acceptable I.D. I then got the manager and he let me in, I went to the bar staff were ignoring me and my friends for 20 minutes till one member came with a horrible attitude. So after this I walked out and will never come back. It was a horrible experience.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank magpiefan1881

Darton, England, United Kingdom
“Do not visit!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were here on a Saturday night expecting a casino however this is not a casino! This is a night club full of kids. A night club with gaming facilities!
The food was plastic and clearly unthoughtful, and so were the staff, the only people that seemed to care about their job and the customers were the two guys that were working as door staff, in particular the younger one (a nice but not overly intrusive young man) that was happy to tell myself and my husband what tables were where and pointed out the smoking area that is very unclear to any new customer. When we asked to speak to a Manager to complain about the way we were treated by gaming and reception staff we were directed to a young portly young lady that was supposedly a reception manager, she was extremely rude and seemed more interested in the customers that she knew already rather than myself and my husband. We will not visit the "Opera House Casino" again because of the way we were treated and we would not direct any of our friends or family to do so either!
Please take into account that my rating of service is based on the fantastic door staff and no-one else, especially the lady that dealt with our complaint as she seemed not to care about what we had to say what so ever!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Sarah G
north yorkshire
“tribute night - rod stewart”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

the entertainment was fantastic, but very sadly the food let it down, most of our group order the steak dish. Not one were we asked how we would like it, it was so tough that it was hard to eat. Most of the group was too polite to complain, but when we did manage to complain everybody had finished their meals. We were offered another but due to majority already finished, we declined the offer and accepted a bottle of wine instead.

I would try again for the entertainment, but definitely put off by the food.

• Visited June 2013