“Uncle Sam would approve”
Review of Hickory's Roadhouse - CLOSED

Hickory's Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Uncle Sam would approve”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This authentic American diner is amazing. The food is delicious and so much variety. There are also eating challenges, man v food style which is awesome especially if your a fan of some good eating. The decor is definitely American and the atmosphere is great. There is quick service as well for food which I found surprising considering the portion sizes that need to be cooked. Average prices even for the food challenges.

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
“Awesome restaraunt, keeps getting better”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Been to this restaraunt 4 times now on holiday and all I can say is it keeps getting better.

The latest time the food had actually improved on the first visit 4 months ago and the staff have been very friendly each time.

Their chilli has a very smokey flavour and is a massive improvement on any you will ever buy in a jar. Their pulled pork is absolutely amazing and they even made a qucik batch of fresh apple sauce for one of the people at our table as they asked if they had any.
The pulled beef was quite possibly one of my favourite things that I got to try. Such a great flavour and very tender.

We even got to try some Mac n pork fried balls which though sounding a bit weird where amazing. These are something they are planning for a change to their existing menu and all I can say is if they make the burger they are planning to do so with them, that will be what I get when I am next there.

The food challenges are to massive to even contemplate. The photos of the people who have succeeded are miniscule in comparison to the failures. The best thing is the food in their challenges is the same quality as their normal menu, so if your just a big eater, get in there and get a bargain with their challenge menu.

Lastly, the staff are brilliant. Very friendly, very happy to accomodate your requests and the most important thing is that they make you feel welcome.

Definitely worth stopping by if you love good food and lots of it.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Large appetite needed!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just visited Scarborough and found Hickory's Roadhouse. It is easy to walk past it as it doesn't look much from outside. From the moment we entered we were made to feel extremely welcome, the staff were wonderful , very friendly and informative!
The choice on the menu is great, something to suit everyone, including vegetarians!
We were a group of four adults, the food that we ordered was delivered promptly and with a huge smile from the waitress. The quality of the food was exceptional! We had the steak and ribs(the meat just fell off the bone and melted in your mouth). The piggy back bird was also amazing.
We were determined to have a pudding too, we were so full we had to ask to wait for a while before ordering, this wasn't a problem.
The desserts were great, but we had to share the waffles between two of us as there was so much.
The price was also good, it cost us less than £20 per person, which included puddings and drinks. This is a place everyone needs to try!!
We will be coming back to sample more of the menu as soon as we can.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Shocking Food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Myself, wife and son ate here and I have to say it was probably one of my worst restaurant experiences. There are not that many good places to eat in the resort and this place gets added to the list. My main course of ribs look and tested unappetizing. The bones on the ribs looked like they had been bleached white and they were smothered with a sauce that looked like tar. our fries were soggy, coleslaw crap etc. etc. Big portions but you don't need an extra size of rubbish it just make the whole experience worse. My wifes chicken dish tasted like fish??? and my sons steak was tough and tasteless, looking at the kitchen staff it looked like a room full of students with no culinary experience. NOT GOOD AT ALL

3 Thank Anthony G
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Orlando in Scarborough”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Well what can i say. Apart from 5 star. Staff. Helpful polite chatty. I was in 2 minds to have Sloppy Joes or the Philly cheese steak. I asked if the chilli in the joes was spicy. The waitress brought me a pot of the chilli to try. The food was 5 star. Mamouth portions. Needless to say we'll be back. America in Scarborough