This hotel is in a very bad state of repair. From ou side it is very tired looking. We booked a kgb 1 night stay as part of a special occasion weekend in june, we were very supprised to find on arrival that we had paid for car parking when it is free outside the hotle form t-time on saturday until sunday lunch time. We got the keys to our room which we had upgraded to a sea view only to find that it was very dirty, not dusted or vaccumed, the furniture was very old with chipped painted chest of drawers which still had dirty cup marks on from previous guests. We had only one towel in the bathroom which once again had not been cleaned. We had to go to reception and get somebody to come and clean it. We had ordered and paid for a three course evening meal at a discounted price of ten pounds each but this was still over priced as it was only just edible. Overall it was a disaster of a weekend away and i certainly would not recommend this hotel to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough