We bought this two night stay through Groupon and after reading some of the reviews on here, we were more than a little sceptical about the hotel.
On arrival we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff and given our room - 237. Upon entering the room we were pleasently surprised at the modern decor, the size of the room and en suite and the view of the sea (which cost £10 more, but was definately worth it). The room was well equipped with a large wardrobe, the biggest and comfiest bed, as well as a two seater leather sofa, which enabaled us to admire the sea view.
There was constant hot water and the shower was powerful.
Breakfast was very nice, lots of choice including cooked, cereal and a small selection of fruit.
The corridors leading to the rooms were slightly dated and could do with a freshen up and the windows were slightly dirty (which is obviously to be expected due to the hotels location).
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough