Our first visit to the Clifton was not enjoyable at all in 2011, however this recent mini break was excellent.
Our room was compact but clean & modern. Small double bed but enough room for us both.
The hotel appears to be making changes which are noticable from our last visit 2 years ago. People should give this place a try because you can't beat the views.
We paid £15 per night per person with breakfast. the breakfast was basic but enough to choose from.
Happy hour at the bar from 4pm-6pm is a nice touch.
parking wasn't an issue for us as we utilised the street parking on the first day. reception give you a parking disc. On the second day we spotted a space on the car park!
The only thing that we can grumble about is some of the staff need to be a bit more welcoming. In particular the reception staff. For example I found a mobile phone in the bar area & handed to reception. the female receptionist barely lifted her head to speak to me & said nothing when I handed it to her.
The two days we spent at the clifton were great & we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough