Me and my partner stayed here for 1 night, the room was an executive suite which was an extra £20. The room was old fashioned, looked like it hadn't been touched since the 70's! but nice and very roomy. Looking back a standard room would have done us just fine which would have been £49. We had a few drinks in the bar at night which was friendly, cosy and very comfortable. The breakfast which was a full English buffet style, was terrible. The sausage was horrid and had a funny smell, a bit like a dirty dishcloth, and the tea was grey and yuk yuk yuk! it was not drinkable IMO. The breakfast lets this place down and would be the only reason I would not stay here again. Note to Clifton hotel: buy better quality sausages and bacon and some proper tea, serve the tea in individual teapots on the tables, rather than those tall flask things you would expect from a butty van on the side of the road!!! wouldn't take much to put things right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough