We stayed at the Clifton Hotel at the weekend (7th - 9th March) and was pleasantly surprised. Having read some of the reviews beforehand we were a bit nervous about what we were going to find but it was lovely. We had a double room on the ground floor (6) which was newly refurbished and very clean and quite a reasonable size too. The double bed was a good size, the matress firm but comfy and the pillows very comfy. The ensuite was very clean with a full size bath with shower over, toilet and handbasin and a small selection of individual toiletries were provided. This room is at the rhs of the hotel towards the back and although it looked out over the bowls centre it also had a bit of a sea view. WARNING - as you go down the corridor to get to the room there is a fire door, immediately behind that fire door is a step. Although there is a sign on the door warning you of the step it is easily missed if you are carrying luggage and looking at room numbers, as we found out. We hadn't noticed the sign and I tumbled down the step, luckily I wasn't injured (just shaken) but an older person might not have been so lucky. Note to management - a larger sign and maybe a different colour carpet to draw the eye would help? Don't let this put you off, you just need to be aware that there is a step there! The hotel itself has been recently refurbished and it was clean and welcoming everywhere we went. The breakfast was good, being a self service bufffet affair, and the evening meal at £10 per person for 3 courses was very good value, again self service but good plain food. The bar was a bit expensive but they do have a happy hour (4pm - 6pm each day) and there is a 99p bar deal available with some internet bookings, but we didn't have that so I'm not sure how it works. The location is good if you like being in the North Bay and only about a 20 minute walk into the town centre. There is parking at the hotel but it costs approx £6 per day to reserve your space, you can park for free (with a permit) on the roadside and its perfectly safe. Permits are issued by reception. All in all we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely look to stay here again off season, as during the summer months I suspect it caters to bus trips which would make it a much busier hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough