Stayed for 1 night in July. Clean, but the hotel has clearly seen better days. I'm sure at its peak it would have been the place to stay, but sadly in need of a serious makeover. We were in a room on the very top floor, spacious and the beds were quite comfy, still a bit on the tatty side. However, the staff were friendly and helpful, the views of the bay were fabulous and the breakfast was quite nice.We only paid a small amount to stay here, so I suppose as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Lovely old building that needs lots of money spending on it to bring it up to scratch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough