Just got back from staying at the Clifton at Scarborough. We were the for one night with B&B. On booking into the hotel the reception staff made you feel like a big fat inconvenience. Not welcoming at all.
Room was unreal. Could hardly move. Was like being in a cupboard. Then we found the floor sloped!!! Downhill!!! The bathroom was tiny and the light didnt even work above the shower!! Windows were not double glazed and dirty. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and i had a terrible nights sleep. Plus had loud banging pipes most of the night.
However the breakfast was good and had different choices. Waiters were helpful.
Hotel location was good as just above where seafront buses run so easy to get a ride to town centre. Would recommend buying an all day pass if can because £1.80 per person each way and only £3.20 each for all day one.
Didnt have evening meal in hotel but recommend an Italian restaurant just a 2mins walk from the town centre called "Tricolore". Food was beautiful and they also cater for children.
I would not recommend staying in this hotel and we will definately not be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its warm Yorkshire welcome, The Clifton Hotel Scarborough offers some of the most amazing, uninterrupted sea views in Scarborough and is situated only a short distance from many of the town's attractions. This Scarborough hotel makes the perfect base for those visiting the Yorkshire Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clifton Hotel - Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Scarborough
- Clifton Hotel Scarborough