“Fantastic cooking! But?”

Ranked #8 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a licensed Italian CAFE & PIZZERIA. Open all day from 11am to 9pm Monday to Friday 11am to 9pm, Saturday 11am to 9.30Pm and CLOSED Sundays. We have a lunch menu 11am to 5.30Pm service at the counter and an evening menu service at the table from 5.30 Pm.. We serve Coffee's,Itaian fruit juices, Home made cake, focaccia, pizza al taglia, 12" pizza, garic bread, calzone lasagne, canneloni, savory pancakes, salads of all shapes and sizes and more. Eat in or take away in a friendly warm atmosphere. Fresh food prepared daily, lots of specials and fresh seafood when the quality is good. Extensive evening menu in our CAFE & PIZZERIA. Booking on an evening advisable. Please do not expect fine dining we are a CAFE & PIZZERIA
yorkshire
“Fantastic cooking! But?”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have eaten in this venue many times and have never had a bad dish whatever we have ordered. Eaten there with my wife and as a family so we go across the board so to speak All the food is really really good and a highlight for me personally is getting a take away and the following day having the left overs when the flavours have really kicked in!! In fact I should order a take away and eat it a day later!! The pizzas are excelent the toppings are not ott and the base is just right not too thick. I suppose one of my favs is the Lasagne just because it taste so much better than others I ve had before. This place is a must for a lunchtime visit and on a evening because you can take your own boooze.And now the But! This place is riding on a wave at the mo one false move and you are off the wave! One of the best concepts of this place on a evening is your own drink that is a massive plus and if the owners get a drinks license think it will kill the evening trade off. The whole place on a evening does nt change from a daytime the lights need to be dimed and at the end of the day due to the furniture you still do feel like you are in a cafe? I am not knocking this place I love the food etc but it will need some fine tuning to carry on. We don t go to Italian Eateries that charge £3 00 for a bottle of Peroni etc Do you get my drift? And then again think about the other Italians in Scarborough and how you are sat decor etc This place is gonna go one way or the otherI really hope the owners watch what they do AND be a success As I said its down now to fine tuning. try the food you won t be disappointed. ps staff all great just sometimes too many of them!!

5 Thank dogarse

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Refreshingly good”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

On a busy Friday evening, the staff found us a table for two and the experience began. The clue is in the title that this is a Pizzeria & cafe and it achieves on every level. We ate off the specials board for starters of lightly breaded scallops with a light pesto and delivered with a really excellent hollandaise sauce. As good as I've had. For mains, I opted for rabbit stew and tagliatelli whilst my wife opted for a ham and rocket pizza. The rabbit was beautifully cooked and my only thought is the sauce could have done with a little more flavour. The pizza however along with the promised cheese was declared to be perfect. Oh yes, we had some home made focachia bread with oil and balsamic vinegar that was really good. I could have eaten that all night. We even forced sweets down. Ridiculous. It was raining out and we'd eaten so much we had to walk home.

4 Thank WakefieldFroggett
Yorkshire
“best pizza in Scarborough”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The selection of homemade Italian food gets better on each visit. Just had the most yummy garlic bread pizza with stilton! Followed by the best coffee and Italian pastry. Well donePomodoro!

3 Thank Pauline777Yorkshire
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic late lunch here today! Will definitely be back. So accommodating with the children and the food absolutely delicious!

2 Thank Samantha W
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good value excellent Italian food”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked at the very last minute, we were advised to get there quickly before some big parties came in. It's a very simple place but it was buzzing with lots of people having a great time. It does not have a licence but the waiter pointed us at a local store who sell cold beers and wine so we had Italian beer with our meal anyway. Pizza were freshly cooked and very generous. The 'Carnivora' calzone is a sight to behold. Fresh local produce is used - lobster ravioli was beautifully cooked. Great value.

3 Thank Forrestg177