“OK'ish but cheap”

Price range: US$3 - US$7
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I decided to pay a visit with my family to the Scarborough creperie after reading the reviews on Trip advisor.
Somehow I was under the impression this was a restaurant. It is not!

The pancakes i had were by no mean special.
One of the reviewer said these were the best pancakes they have ever had in England or France etc..
This person has been to the wrong places.
Any pancakes I have had in France have been better than the one we had in the Scarborouhh creperie. In fact the day before I was in York and had better pancakes there.

Anyway we ordered savoury pancakes and these came out very slowly.
The pancakes were not really cooked enough and the fillings were rather small making for rather dry pancakes. Could really have done with a bit of creme fraiche or an egg. I did try to order an egg but they had run out which i found odd in a creperie. How do you make the batter without eggs?

On the positive side, the person cooking/serving us was very polite.
The pancakes were very cheap too.
This said I would genuinely have preferred to pay more and have the kind of pancakes i am used to have when holidaying in France.

Disappointed overall.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Decided to pop in on the strength of other trip advisor reviews. I'm glad we did. The shop was a bit smaller than I expected. The lady behind the counter was great and suggested a delicious savoury crepe for me. The choices were good and the value was even better. I would go again.

The portions were satisfying for a bit of lunch. I would recommend dropping by as a nice change from the usual fish and chips you find in the coast

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Today I had a crepe from Scarborough Creperie - the possibilities were many but I decided on a combination of peanut butter, maple syrup and banana. It was quite simply the very best crepe I've ever had - takeaway or restaurant - in England, France, Belgium or Italy. Freshly cooked to order - fabulous quality ingredients - served nice and hot. I decided on takeaway - served with a serviette in an cardboard wallet that did not leak and with a fork to eat it with.The crepe itself was a wonderful texture - thin but firm, not soggy - even with the maple syrup and peanut butter; the edges were lovely and crisp, the bananas just right. In these days when exaggerated superlatives are thrown around as normal, all I can truly say... this is one crepe and creperie which really was fully deserving of 10/10. Thank you and see you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I second all the other great reviews about this little place, would like to add that I have no idea how the prices can be so low - so good they are completely under priced, and I hope to god that people will visit in massive numbers to enjoy such cheerfully and lovingly prepared crepes, fun food, but not junk food. Eat in or take out, must visit. Very very clean little place, and a cheerful owner.

1  Thank JunoJupiter
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have made my third visit to this delightful little shop, and must say that it is well worth a visit. They provide a tremendous selection, of both savoury and sweet, crepes, to suit the palate of anyone. Clean, friendly and value for money. Excellent !

2  Thank Moyo165