“still as good.”

Mansion House Scarborough
Ranked #17 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

i had the pleasure of returning to the mansion house after a 2 year gasp and i am pleased to say it is as good as it ever was, some of the staff have changed (some have not) but happily the welcome and service is as good as it ever was and they gave me a free upgrade to a double-thanks guys !

Room Tip: go the extra and have a double..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Falcon-360dtv, Owner at Mansion House Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Thank you very much for returning to the Mansion House Scarborough after a 2 year break and also for your very kind review. We have had a couple changes of staff as Megan and Jason have gone off to University but the core team remains the same. All the staff are committed to providing the best service we can so that guests can enjoy a peaceful stay in this beautiful building so perfectly positioned on Scarboroughs South Cliff. We look forward to being able to welcome you back but try not to leave it so long this time.

Once again thank you for your kind comments

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Brilliant 5 days...........Perfect.

I perused a review by REALITYEngland, after reading it, I viewed all his other ratings, it would appear that this person is a professional whinger, and I give him a full five stars for his whinging ability, nothing suits him, what a poor unhappy chappie,
if he was run over he would whinge if it was not by a Rolls Royce, get a life man.

And Sir, before you tell me to travel a little more, I have worked in every country in Europe, all the USSR countries,Turkey and all the Middle east including Iran and Afghanistan, all the Arabian Peninsula, and parts of North Africa, so I have some small
experience of B@Bs, Hotels, Lodging Houses and overnight stays, so when I comment that Mansion House is brilliant, I mean it, Just had part of my honeymoon there., ......off to the Lake District today to continue said honeymoon.bye bye.

Have a nice one Reality

Room Tip: Premier Sea View, Room 5, Just blissful Yabberdabberdooooo worth every penny
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grannygrabber
Reviewed 4 October 2013

another great stay at our favourite hotel in scarborough, been coming back to this family run hotel now for last 10 years, and it just gets better, set on the south cliff with the italian gardens just across the road, it is the ideal place for a relaxing break. breakfast is one of the best ever and lots of choice,lovely room with sea view,nice friendley staff, we will be back next year...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I normally stay in another part of town but Scarborough was packed for the August bank holiday weekend. The Mansion House had a last minute cancellation and I thankfully managed to reserve a room.

My room was at the very top of the hotel, which has no lift, but that exercise, and the walk into town, didn't spoil my stay. The hotel is modern, well appointed, with good rooms and has a very large front room (big enough to seat 10-20 people.

The staff were really helpful during my stay. I'd say they went out of their way to make me feel welcome and to help me out.

The breakfast was excellent. I had to waddle away, far heavier, after my four day stay. I'd recommend this hotel to any sort of guest, especially families.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We only spent one night at the Mansion House because work commitments prevented anything longer. But it was enough to feel very relaxed and refreshed afterwards. The hotel is full of little touches that make you feel special - like the welcome glass of wine (or a non-alcoholic drink if you prefer) on arrival. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfast waitresses were attentive without being intrusive and the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon were divine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MorningAJ
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The hotel was fine, massive bathroom and twin beds were fine. There is a big living room and we enjoyed our complimentary wines looking out at sea. It is close to the spa, which I thought was the nicer part of the beach. It is a 10 minute walk from town but that was fine for us. The breakfast was very good and lots of it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KJB1986
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at Mansion House for 3 nights this last weekend, Wonderful stay, friendly, helpful staff, good breakfast.
We stayed in sea view room 10, very clean, beds very comfortable.
Highly recommended,