“Brilliant B&B”

Ranked #115 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Sheffield
“Brilliant B&B”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I have been staying here on and off for over 2 months now whilst working away and would recommend it to anyone.
Karen provides a very friendly, helpful and efficient service. The B&B is very clean and the rooms I have stayed in have been spacious and comfortable.
This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Steven G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed here at the weekend with my two kids. This place is lovely very clean lovely breakfast and overall excellent place to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone I I will definetly be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Ian C
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend sadly without my wife who was ill
Karen let me have the same front facing family room that was booked for my wife and myself for sole occupancy . It is the type of room you immediately feel at home in and I was content to read watch tv etc.
I was actually brought up in Scarborough and feel like many resorts its not the same as it was with the closure of class shops and cafes but thats just my opinion.People visiting will have a different viewpoint.
Let me not distract from Karens B and B.I wish her all the very best because she works hard to maintain very high standards of breakfast and room comfort.I look forward to returning with my wife so we can have a preferably out of season break.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank 072612c
Leeds
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Admiral after reading reviews on tripadvisor, we stayed in room 7 and our daughter and two grandchildren stayed in room 2, from August 24 to the 27 inclusive.

Firstly the hotel is opposite the railway station and bus stops so getting there could not be easier, and when you arrive karen will greet you with a nice smile and a cheery disposition, she is a star and makes the place.

It is clean and tidy and the breakfasts are very nice..nothing is too much trouble for Karen.

Our room number 7 is at the top of the three flights of stairs and at the rear of the property, the room was clean but quite small, it looks onto the backs of other houses. It had two single beds and an en-suite bathroom.

I am not sure if this room was a work in progress as it appeared to have a new ish shower cubicle and power shower and toilet fittings but some of the other fittings were in need of replacement. The room had a slight damp smell to it as well, but that was easily sorted by opening a window. The room was still fit for purpose but needed a bit of a facelift maybe.

Our daughters room was room 2, this was completely different, it had a lovely view out to the front of the property, no noise from the railway staion, bright airy room, a double bed and a single en-suite, very clean, a very nice room.

There is parking at the front of the property on a first come basis.

I would recommend this lovely place to anyone, it does need some work doing to it, but Karen has only been there a short time and already created a lovely oasis of calm.

Room Tip: Do not go for room 7 until its been refurbed
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We spent a lovely weekend in the Admiral and really enjoyed it. Karen is a fabulous landlady and nothing is too much trouble for her. We recommend anyone visiting Scarborough to use this B and B, especially if you are travelling by train as its very close to the station.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DioRox
Newcastle
Reviewed 30 July 2012

great hotel right in town center.very clean and great breakfast.
Karen the owner is very helpful and a lovely lady
must be the best in Scarborough great value
thanks from mick and Allen hope you enjoyed your chocolate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NewcastleMick
Yorkshire
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Oh my goodness. Myself, my husband and occasionally our Grandchildren regularly visit Scarborough and have stayed in several B/B's. At last our search is over.
This little gem is in a great location, directly opposite the train station, in a small square and almost at the begining of the precinct. Add to this the theatre 1 minute away and it's perfect.
Karen is a fantastic host and made us extremely welcome from the minute she opened the door. The house is beautiful, attention to detail is evident throughout, from the spanking new dining room, modern, fresh and bright, to the lovely bedrooms, each unique, yet offering excellent bathrooms, very comfortable beds, very well colour co-ordinated and everything matching. The rooms and public areas are pristine and an endless supply of tea and coffee etc. Add to this an extremely well cooked English breakfast, with an abundance of choice of cereals, fresh fruit, unlimited toast etc and this made for one of the best stays we've had in any B/B, let alone Scarborough. I cannot praise this guest house enough, only trouble is the better the reviews, the more people will try The Admiral, making less availability when we next stay.

Room Tip: Karen charges a set rate for the family room. 2 adults could pay for this without children and you g...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family