“Worst experience of my kids lives to date!!!”
Review of Little Hoppers Adventure World - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Hoppers Adventure World
More attraction details
Owner description: Little Hoppers is providing excellent indoor adventure play for children aged 0-12. We provide fun and challenging play for children of all abilities in a safe, clean, and secure environment, while offering parents the time to relax. We have an excellent cafe seating up to 160. We also have 3 hand painted fantastic party rooms. Football area and astra slide and new for 2006 20ft snake slide so come and have a hopping good time.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Upon entry we were told not to bring in any food or drink, we were fine with this as we could see they had a cafe. However after 30 minutes of queuing with kifs begging for a drink after running around we reslised the queue was hardly moving, I left my husband in the queue and went to find a member of staff to ask why there was only one person running the cafe when there were hundreds of people in the centre. I eventually found someone and was told that they had staff shortage because of illness, I then requested to fetch a drink from my car and was told no go... so I daid howabout I take kids to car and rehydrate them then bring them back in? I am told if I do that she will not let us back in!!!! I then sujested she put water jugs out to solve the problem that I saw as a health and safty hazard. She again declined to help . I then asked for a refund so we could leave and go somewhere else where our children could have access to at least water. She refused to refund. After I felt I had exhausted all attempts at reason gave up to join my husband in queue. Eventually we bought drinks for us and kids. Serveral peoples children were crying in queue because of thirst so we shared what we had with them. My husband attempted to reasonagain with the person at front desk to no avail
. We then phoned local council to ask about safty situation. They were appalled at what we told them and agreed to come down to see for them selves. Mean while the staff asked us to leave the centre!!!!! They would give no reason or refund so we refused, at which point the police were called to remove us!!!!!!!!! (For complaining) this is the most unbeilivable story but all true . I'v not even mentioned the disgusting filth everywhere. The toilets needed to be seen to believe. And safety ha ha ha. Kids climbing up slided fights breaking out little ones trampled by older ones in their area!!!!!! Please beware you are risking your children's health safety and wellbeing by visiting this place. Ps police just following the law by removing us. They agreed we did nothing wrong... beware most horrible experience ever....

9  Thank naomiian
There are newer reviews for Little Hoppers Adventure World

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had trouble finding this place and in the end just followed other families in the hope they were going there too! On arrival we found it had changed it's name to "Mini Monsterz". We visited one wet morning during half term week - had to queue outside in the rain for 30 mins. Once in our boys were not allowed to take in their own water bottles - we were told they sold water inside. My husband went to get the water, and a cup of tea, and had to queue for 20 mins! The play area itself is not that big and the death slide was closed! We asked when it would open and waited until 1pm for it to open - only for it to be open for 30 mins. Go-karts on site operated by £1 coins causing extra expense. Needless to say we would not recommend and we will definitely not be going back.

2  Thank Sharon T
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We went here today, it has changed name to Mini Monsters.

It is a fairly typical play area, with the following notable exceptions.

1) Waiting time to get in was very long. It was a very busy day though due to the rain and school half term.

2) Go karts take up about 1/4 of the play space, but you have to pay one pound to go on them. So be prepared to be hassled by your kids for pound coins.

3) Wording is quite strict/stern in regards to bringing in your own food/drink.

The staff seemed kind and I think they were working their pants off. But I think the owners may be trying to squeeze too much out of parents and employees.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Little Hoppers has now closed down. The owners, Emma and Stephen Hopper of Hackness, Scarborough, have sold the premises/lease (though not the business), I believe to the same people who run Mini Monsterz in Whitby (which I hear is very good) and it is they who are undertaking the refit at present.

Unfortunately, it appears Mr and Mrs Hopper did not see fit to advise existing party bookings of their intentions and subsequently closed down Little Hoppers without giving any notice whatsoever to those parents who had already paid deposits weeks ahead for their children's parties.

As recently as yesterday, a mother turned up to Little Hoppers with her son mid-morning for his party, the deposit for which had already been paid, only to find the building closed and the aforementioned refit visible through the windows. The loss of the deposit was perhaps the least of her worries, given she had invited twenty or so other children and their parents to the party and then had to stand outside the building, with her son in tears, trying to call around those parents she had phone numbers for to tell them the party was cancelled. I understand this has not been the only instance of this happening recently.

I fully appreciate that we're in a tough economic climate and that some businesses are not performing well. However, whatever Emma and Stephen Hopper's reasons for closing the business down, they must surely have been aware of their own intentions for the sale of the premises/lease and the closure of the business yet continued to take bookings and deposits regardless and/or did not seek to return those deposits previously paid, nor provide any warning at all of the closure. Not only is this greedy and selfish, though it is also extremely cowardly and callous on their part, given the effect it will have on the children concerned.

I hope Emma and Stephen Hopper are extremely proud of themselves.

1  Thank jackalcarlos
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Yes I agree, it used to be great but we refuse to go now - the coffee is truly awful and always cold, staff are non-existent and need to go on customer service courses (apart from one young lady who did my sons party and was great). We waited ages to get in and ages to get out! They used to have staff supervising on the equipment, there was someone sitting at the top of the slide to ensure safety but theyve obviously cut back there.
Food is awful - will not eat there. Tables tatty and toilets are disgusting. In comparison to Creepy Crawlies at York it doesnt get a look in.Staff there were fantastic, it was heaving and we had to wait for a table but the staff went overboard to find us one and keep us informed.
After the closure of Playzone LH could really have taken the opportunity to update - I notice they are actually closed now and taking all the equipment out so hopefully they have listened to these experiences! It is a great idea and would be such a shame to close down