“Can't wait to go back!!!”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

My party booked for the week end on line due to the great deal on offer..... and we were not disappointed! The chap on reception was very welcoming & chatty,as we had travelled through the snow to get there. We started off being fussy by asking if our 2 rooms could be near one another, to which we were given 4 room keys & told to choose which we wanted. We settled on 308 & 309. Both very lovely, clean spacious rooms. We did have a little hiccup with the heating in room 308 which was resolved quickly. Again the chap on the front desk very courteous, nothing too much trouble & job done with a smile.

Bed very comfy & warm. Bathrooms clean, hot brisk showers, soft clean towels.

We had bed, breakfast & evening meal. All meals were very nice, quick service & again nothing too much trouble.

Extra bonus of the spa & relax room. If I had to be picky.... the pool was a little bit cold (but we soon warmed up in the sauna), the window in 308 is a bit drafty and someone had eaten a meal in the relaxation room & it smelt of vinegar & chips.

But overal, a total bargain of a week end & can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank martin s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Pleasant Hotel, courteous staff nice food though a little overpriced as were the drinks.
Very clean everywhere a very nice room although a tad small for a double bedroom, but all in all I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask what size the rooms are, ours was on the small side
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve s
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have recently returned from this hotel, having read some of the previous reviews I was a little dubious.we had a wonderful time! the room was clean and in order when we arived... the bathroom was dated as mentioned in previous reviews however how long do you spend in the bathroom when your away!! it was clean and functioning thats all that mattered!. we did have an issue with hot water however we contacted reception and they advised due to limited people in the hotel we would need to run the tap for 10 minutes till it heats up ... worked fine after that! we loved the spa and the mud rasul is a must. there is a small sauna, pool and showers and the hot tub is actually in the pool. it was very quiet while we where there so we had the place to ourselves. the beauty therapist was wonderful and very professional. we booked in our evening meal ( included with the package) and we were the only two in the resturant on the first evening, although we had to eat from a set menu we enjoyed it all the same! on the second night we ate from the normal menu and the food was delious. I wanted a cocktail from the menu I had spotted in the relaxation room, it wasnt on the normal menu however after a quick chat with the waitor he sorted this for us. we had a lovely time here and wouldnt hesitate to return. the staff were super friendly and nothing was a bother for them. a very relaxing break!!

• Stayed January 2013
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I booked this online because of the offer that was presented, I had been to Scarborough for a day trip but not a break. I had intended to see the sights and travel on public transport to Robin Hood Bay, Whitby, Filey, York to name just a few but due to the adverse weather SNOW!! I was not able. The hotel had many amenities as a Spa but not for me!! It is situated only a brief walk from town, a pleasant walk following the coast path overlooking the bay nice when sunny.I only had bed, had to pay for my meals. I could of walked to the town for them as I had intended but a bit cold. Not much choice & expensive

Room Tip: I would of been content with my room if a fault had not developed with the flushing cistern on my fi...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here on New Year's Eve for the gala dinner, which was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, with good food and an excellent atmosphere. The hotel itself was very comfortable, with a great bar and extremely helpful, friendly staff. The only thing that left something to be desired was the swimming pool, which was a little too small, but you can't have everything!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Niall O
Yorks
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel previously and its in an excellent location with some good points such as the dining room and friendly helpful staff. However, once again, in my stay just before Xmas i was given a room that was well decorated apart from the bathroom. Same as previous, the bathroom was in a desperate need of modernising as it was tired, old and like something from a cheap guesthouse; most unappealing. There was also an intermittent electrical noise throughout the evening and night which after a while was rather annoying. The heating could also have been more effective.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My wife and I have just returned home after spending a lovely weekend at this Hotel. We booked one of the special January breaks of £99.00P and got a room with fabulous sea-view, a bottle of prosseco in our room and a good two course evening meal as well a good hearted breakfast. We were made to feel very welcome and all the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. There was nothing to fault with this Hotel and we have been numerous times in the past and we will be back. Anyone thinking of booking this Hotel can't go far wrong. Well done everyone and many thanks

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple