“Romantic getaway”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 22 February 2013

After reading the reviews on here i was worried but i needn't have bothered. It was FANTASTIC!!! Bedroom was huge, clean and comfy. Bathroom was old but spotless. The staff were excellent, treatment rooms and therapist so professional. The swimming pool was lovely and warm and made our mornings. The mud rasul is definitely worth having with a partner it is hilarious!! We had breakfast and an evening meal one night which was of a very high standard. the wine was pricey but cocktails were B1G1F so it balanced out. We are going back to stay very soon.

Room Tip: Executive doubles are spacious and rooms near the zen garden are quiet
1  Thank Laura G

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Just back from a 4 night break at the Ambassador,stayed in a double sea view room.Best to get a sea view with great sights over harbour and beach.Room was on the small size and looked a little worn,but the bed was clean and comfortable.Pool area clean,water nice and warm,jacussi,
sauna, all great to use.Breakfast was superb,buffet style,everything available even for the fussy
eaters.Staff friendly and efficient.Bar area inviting but drinks pricey.Did not use restaurant but it looked ok.Would go back to this hotel again but would go for the premier sea view.Parking near hotel difficult in Winter so must be a nightmare in Summer.

Room Tip: Premier sea view if you can afford one.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

went with my fiance for our 3 year anniversary was treated like a queen by the staff, nice room, big bed amazing view and room was lovely and warm, food and drink is a bit pricey but what do you expect for this type of hotel? would definitely recommend for a romantic break

Reviewed 17 February 2013

All in all very pleased with our stay and we got what we expected.

We stayed for 2 nights in a Premier Double Room. The room was very nice with a great view over Scarboroughs beach, the bathroom was clean but a little dated and cramped. We had the cooked english breakfast which was average but there wasn't much choice if you were after a continental breakfast. We also ate in the restaurant on the Saturday evening, our starters were disappointing but then the mains were actually quite nice. The staff were friendly and helpful especially in the spa. The pool area was very nice but a bit on the small side due to the size of the building. The relaxation room was very good especially useful after we had our spa treatments which were excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel nice warm rooms modern spa and food very good staff polite and efficient .bit of a walk to the centre of town which could be a problem for some as it means a uphill walk on the way back , but this also means its in a quiet location . ask for a sea view , we had a lovely view of the harbour. thanks for a lovley break

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed for 1 night at the Ambassador, the hotel is in a good location with a fantastic view over the bay. The room was very small and basic (we stayed in one of the new rooms) not very much space for the 2 of us - double bed, wardrobe, tv, drawers.

The spa area was not very big but it was peaceful with a small pool, jacuzzi, sauna and a couple of chairs. The treatment rooms were upstairs so you had to walk through the hotel in your dressing gown and slippers in front of other guests to get the treatment. The beautician however was very nice and the treatment I had was excellent.

Receptionist was friendly as were the bar/breakfast staff but all very slow, there is a lot of room for improvement from a customer service element. This hotel has a lot of potential its just missing that extra something.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week with my partner to celebrate my 28th birthday. We went their via a groupon deal which was a very good price, I now see that the hotel has its own very good offers too so I think we might stay again in the future.

When we arrived at the hotel the exterior looked impressive and you could see that effort had been made. Inside was beautiful, so modern and stylish but not OTT. It felt very warm and welcoming, the bar had a range of different seating to suit all but it also made it look more appealing.
The service in this hotel was impeccable, you never waited long for anything, drinks were brought to your table and in 1 room (relaxation room) you could even ring a bell for a waitress to come and take your orders!
Breakfast had a really good selection, my partner and I felt that quality did go down as we came to the weekend and the hotel got busier but this was more around smaller potions (tea/coffee) and the tableware was not of the same quality.
The spa was lovely, on the small side but there was plenty to do. I'd not want to go there at a peak time though as you would be queuing for the sauna. Please please turn the pool/jacuzzi temperature up too - I never used this because it was cool and I do like to swim and especially enjoy a hot jacuzzi. Loved the rainfall showers, foot spa and mud rasul treatment.
The relaxation room was amazing, one of the best rooms that I have ever been in. After my mud rasul treatment I sat in there and I really did reach a relaxed state, something I do not think I ever have done before. Just beautiful!
We didn't use the zen garden, there was thick snow during our stay so it didn't appeal. Probably is nice on a cold winters day just not that cold.
Our room was very nice, I would have liked a sea view but beggars can't be choosers. The bathroom was (as said in other reviews) old fashioned but I have no complaints; it was clean, everything worked and we had hot water.

My only criticisms of this hotel would be:
Double/king beds were 2 singles pushed together. My mattress was terrible (I didn't sleep well during my stay) it needed replacing due to big body shaped dints! Room 201.
Restaurant menu - not available until 5pm. Not really acceptable and I don't see any reason why that can't be available first thing everyday. Surely they have a rough idea of what they are going to be cooking the night, maybe even week before? The menu choices were very very limited too but the bar menu was good in case you couldn't find anything on the restaurant menu.

All in all a very nice hotel where I had a lovely relaxing birthday and would stay there again. Thank you for a nice break away from it all :)

• Stayed: January 2013