Ambassador Hotel
Rivelyn Hotel(Scarborough)
US$60
Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
US$173
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$657
US$123
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$153
US$108
PremierInn.com
1,329 results
All reviewspool and saunaspa facilitieslovely hotelbay windowself servicethe cliffone night staybuffet styleplenty of choicestreet parkingmy muma lovely stayfull englishtown centretea and coffeecooked breakfastsea front
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I've just read the other reports about the Ambassador and they are all spot on! I stayed at the hotel for the first time last year with both of my elderly parents who chose the Ambassador. I was actually expecting something average, since this type of hotel isn't really my usual choice.

However, I was totally impressed with the staff, the food and the great service. The staff were a young bunch and would do anything to please the guests and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent indeed and we stayed on a BB and Dinner basis, I have to say that I was always looking forward to the well cooked and presented evening dinners. Great choice and couldn't fault any of it - even though I am a foodie and very particular about what I eat.

The only downside for me was that my single room could be said to be a little on the small side, but that was outweighed by the benefits. My parents had a super sea view room and the both thoroughly enjoyed their 5 day stay and we said that the next time we were visiting North Yorkshire we would return.

This month we have booked to stay in the Ambassador once again and I am looking forward to being there and relaxing in the pool, taking it easy and having some more excellent meals. Not forgetting some friendly banter with the staff of course!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We stayed one night in this hotel, the initial impression was not good as the receptionist was busy elsewhere and only spent the minimum amount of time checking us in. The room was acceptable, clean with a small television, the shower was slow but hot and the bed was two singles pushed together, its also a fair walk to the town centre, the address is somewhat misleading "Middle of the Esplanade" implies close to the town!
The next day we had breakfast, it was the standard pre cooked buffet type affair, but what really shone through was the staff, very friendly, easily understood and polite, So overall, its not a 4* city centre hotel, but it is fit for purpose and I would return.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 June 2008

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2008

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2008

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
managess, Manageress at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2008