“Can't fault anything”

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Beverley
“Can't fault anything”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a two night break in this lovely hotel. The rooms were comfortable and very clean with fluffy towels which were replaced and crisp bed linen. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided too. We had breakfast and dinner whilst we were there, both of which were delicious and the service was top notch. All the staff were very pleasant . An added bonus was some entertainment on the second night which we enjoyed. A good hotel which I would recommend and hopefully will return for a longer stay next time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just returned from a lovely nights stay at the ambassador hotel and have to say we weren't disappointed! Beautiful views, stunning suite, helpful staff and good value for money! The roof top zen garden is beautiful and would be really nice to sit in the summer. Breakfast included in the room price and I am vegetarian and found plenty of choice. It is about a twenty minute walk into the harbour but it's a lovely walk and you can take the cliff lift if you wish. Would definatly recommend and we will be returning. Also dougie stewart provided a good evenings entertainment! Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here for the weekend for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. The family room was good, clean, comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast was nice (although could of had more cereal selection for the kids). Staff where friendly and helpful.
The party on the Saturday evening was held in the function room for 50+ people and was really good, the food was excellent (especially the sea bass) and evening went without a hitch. Kieran organised the event for my parents and he did a great job.
Have also enjoyed a spa day here on a different occasion, although the spa area is a tad small it was clean and lovely and the afternoon tea was really delicious - huge prawn sandwiches, a yummy scone and some nice little cakes. Again the staff where friendly and helpful.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the ambassador for three nights last weekend and we had a brilliant time, the food and drinks were delicious and very reasonably priced, we enjoyed treatments and used the spa and the facilities were clean and lovely. Rooms were very clean and the sea view was so beautiful. We enjoyed a short walk to the town center, visited the castle and enjoyed a drink in a little quirky pub called scalby mills! Lots to do!! Will defiantly be visiting again!! The staff at the ambassador couldn't have been more friendly and helpfull!! We will be staying here again!!

• Stayed March 2014
N.Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was really good value (a special offer), staff very friendly and helpful, food excellent at dinner and breakfast, rooms clean and nicely decorated, comfy beds, spa area very relaxing and not over busy. Will no doubt be back (hopefully very soon).

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went here for an afternoon tea treat for Mothers Day. Arrived and there was no staff around, After waiting a few minutes at the bar still no one came so I had to call out into the back to alert someone to my presence. A young man came out and I said I had a table booked he asked the name and handed me menus while still standing at the bar and asked me to pick a sandwich filling for my afternoon tea!!? Bearing in mnd the place was virtually empty and I had just arrived with my coat still on and wasn't even asked if I would like to be seated. I said would you mind if I sit down and have a look at the menu? He agreed and said we could sit anywhere. We chose our fillings and type of bread and he left. When the cake stand came with afternoon tea it looked like it was only enough for 1 person and they charg £20 and that's supposed to serve 2. We were actually sharing between 3 as we thought it might be huge but no such luck. There were 3 small strips of sandwich per person (made from 1 sandwich). A tiny teeney choc eclair, a tiny choc cookie with a blob of piped ganache and a plain one with an orange blob. Each no bigger than a 10p piece. And the scone - It looked good and it was my most eagerly anticipated part of the afternoon tea. It came already put together with the jam spread inside and cream piped in too. But at first bite I knew there was something wrong. The cream if you can call it that was the most disgusting I have ever had in my life. I was the wrong texture for fresh cream, it actually tasted like american cake frosting with a very strong fake vanilla flavour. I couldn't eat it. We drunk the tea which was ok (about the only part that was) and went to pay the bill. I enquired what the cream was in the scones and the lady said I'll go and ask the chef. She came back and told me it was 'Chantilly' cream - she had difficulty pronouncing it. Chantilly cream is basically fresh usually whipped double cream sweetened with icing sugar. This most definitely was NOT chantilly cream. I said how I couldn't eat it and it didn't taste right but no apology was offered. The jam was inferior quality and didn't really taste of anything, the scone I think was bought it and just fell apart when you picked it up. I was so disapointed and hungry and £20 lighter. Won't be going back again.

1 Thank j s
AmbassadorOpsManager, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear J S,

Thank you for talking the time to post your review, I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the service and afternoon tea on this occasion. If you would like to contact me directly at the Hotel then I would very much like the opportunity to address your concerns.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Kieren Moore
Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

58 friends and relatives invited to our "bash" at the Ambassador. There is only one mark we can give this hotel, there is no doubt that 100% is not enough. EVERYTHING was just perfect from our arrival at reception to our departure, with a special thank you to Keiren for his very personal and professional organization of our celebrations. It was a very emotional weekend for us and we will be indebted for ever to the Ambassador for this addition to our happy memories.

John and Jennifer Wedge.

Room Tip: we had 208, excellent.