Ambassador Hotel
US$144
Palm Court Hotel(Scarborough)
US$202
US$140
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$657
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Grainary(Scarborough)
1,329 results
All reviewspool and saunaspa facilitieslovely hotelbay windowself servicethe cliffone night staybuffet styleplenty of choicestreet parkingmy muma lovely stayfull englishtown centretea and coffeecooked breakfastsea front
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

great location,can be difficult to find a parking space, our room was large, view of a brick wall & beside an air conditioning unit which was very loud when windows open. The heat was unbearable, the bathroom was horrible, peeling paint from the bath panel, no wifi.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Witchiepie
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Haven't stayed in this hotel but it is a lovely location.
Today I went for visit to the Spa and for a massage and facial. It was very relaxing but my massage was the best I have ever had and I have had lots! I have a massage and aromatherapy diploma myself too so I know what to expect. But this was physically therapeutic and totally relaxing. The facial was the best I have ever had too, and I'm 60yrs so I've had a few. I would like to name the girl that did it but wont because of data protection and fear of her being overworked when people read this! Would go again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hilary B
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice hotel,stayed a few times and can't fault it,lovely location,great facilities.Not tried the spa yet but plan to do on my next visit.Our room was on the front with a fantastic sea view overlooking the Scarborough bay in the distance which at night looks lovely all lit up.Room was very spacious spotlessly clean and very smart so was our en-suite.Nice bar area and always very well staffed,the pool is also an added bonus too.Overall a very good we'll run hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There are't a lot of spa hotels in Scarborough and even less when booking the morning you want to check-in after spending a fab week in the area and wanting to extend.

We paid £109 for a double room with sea view, no breakfast. I would expect breakfast to be included for that money and it would've been nice. We decided against paying £9 each for the continental breakfast or £16 each for the full English, so went to a cafe in the town centre instead and got a fry-up with a cuppa for less than £5 each.

The hotel was lovely; room and view (air con would be handy and window that fully opened would've been nice) and the spa; massage and quiet room. The rooftop zen garden is cute, as is the pool although the heating wasn't working when we were there so it was a tad cold.

A fab stay. Would recommend and would stay again. Next time, please tell the drunk guest not to set the fire alarm off on purpose at 5am.

Highly recommended in the area; the one-hour 8pm sunset boat ride from the harbour, a day trip to Bridlington (don't forget to board the train to take you one end of town to t'other), day trip to Whitby (very cute and picturesque), The Falcon pub, The Grapes, George Michael Greek restaurant (it may be have nothing to do with THE George Michael but is just as tasty!) and Robin Hood Bay. Then there is Pickering and other inland villages to visit. I am sure I could recommend a thousand other lovely places.

It is a beautiful, picturesque part of the country. Just watch out for the numerous seagulls!!!

1  Thank JulesAnon
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location, on the south cliff, overlooking the sea.

The room we stayed in was very outdated, and also very very hot. The central heating wasn't turned on (as it is July), but the room remained extremely warm all night, which made sleeping uncomfortable.

Also, there were no tea/coffee-making facilities.

The bathroom was grim - 1970s beige bath, basin and toilet. The electric shower was weak and very unsatisfying, and there was black mould around the bath.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

All in all, for £100 a night (which didn't include breakfast!), I don't feel I would want to recommend this hotel to anybody.

Whilst researching hotels in the area, it occurs to me that what Scarborough needs is a smart, new, boutique hotel (in the Hotel du Vin-style) as all the hotels I found online clearly needed dragging into the 21st century.

Room Tip: Apparently refurbished rooms are available - I can only assume we stayed in an unrefurbished room, which I would suggest you avoid.
1  Thank M_Stoneway