“Don't believe the website” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Manor Hotel

Park Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
“Don't believe the website”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Arrived to stay and the room looked nothing like the pictures on the net. Bedding was stained, room was tiny, room was very old fashioned and not been refurbished like i was told. The reception did not Care and said it's all you will get in scarbrough. I do believe some rooms have been refurbished but how many I'm not sure. risk it if you dare ! Not worth the money

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Patioman2
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay, we try and please every guest with our attentive staff, fantastic food and accommodation.
It appears we failed on this one occasion, once again i apologize.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have just stayed at the Park Manor and booked in 28 of my friends also. We had a terrific time there. Everyone was very pleased with the hotel the staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. All our rooms were very nice and comfortable. I was very nervous at first at recommending the Hotel as it had been about 4 years since staying there but I am so pleased I did as everyone was very happy with my choice. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Audrey Diane P
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
I am so pleased you and your party enjoyed your stay, iIcan understand your trepidation in booking a large party it is never an easy task!

We look forward to welcoming you again at Park Manor and thank you for posting your favourable review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We have just returned from a wonderfully relaxing 4 nights at the Park Manor Hotel. This was our fourth visit and we are never disappointed. This year we had room 29 which was right at the top corner of the hotel and the view over the sea was beautiful. Our bed was comfortable and the room was clean and bright. We enjoy relaxing at night in the bright comfortable lounge with tea served with delicious homemade shortbread. We stayed B&B and find the breakfasts lovely.
We always find all the staff polite and very friendly. This hotel has all the positive qualities of family run hotels from years gone by and we will definately return again and again.
Thanks to everyone involved for making your holidays so relaxing and memorable.

Room Tip: front rooms are best
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
We will look forward to you returning, as you say again and again, that's just the way we like it.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Have stayed twice at this hotel since the middle of August. Good comfortable rooms, good food and especially attentive, helpful staff. Excellent location too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank YorkshireAnn
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Thank you for your kind words, I will most definitely make sure all our staff see them.
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

This is a really nice hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and it is obvious from the interactions in the lobby that some of the guests are regulars which is a very good sign. Geoff on reception was fantastic and really helpful. I forgot all my toiletries and contact lens supplies but he pointed us to a late night pharmacy as well as providing other useful local information as well. He also checked that I had got everything I needed on my return.

The hotel is in a great location near Peasholm Park on the North Bay. A great base from which to explore Scarborough and the surrounding area. It also has a good sized private car park which we had no problem finding a space in and we arrived late afternoon.

The room was a front facing room which had a view down to the sea which was nice. It was clean and tidy with tea and coffee at the ready. The hotel also has a bar and swimming pool but we didn't use these on this stay but both looked very nice. Breakfast was excellent. There is a buffet area for cereals and juices, with coffee and 'full english' etc. served at your table straight from the kitchen. Delicious!

If you are going to Scarborough this is a great hotel to stay at,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Thank you for your writing your review and for all your kind words about the team and the service we offer.
lincoln
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

We had no prior knowledge of this hotel apart from their website and comments on Trip Advisor.
The first impression of the hotel was OK as we drove up to it, but on entering and booking in the Male receptionist was not really very friendly, blunt and to the point is more like it, I have to say in the various places I have stayed it was the most under-whelming welcome, we did point this out and a very nice man Geoff and another lady...didn't get her name know who we are talking about.
We had a suite as a special treat as it looked so nice on the Internet.The initial reaction when we saw the suite was a little disappointment, I did say later that if I hadn't seen a picture prior I think I would have been happy enough, but were as I thought it would be quite modern in decor it had very dated wood chip wallpaper and borders, and quite old fashioned carpets. I would say that if a much older person stayed there it would be acceptable.
The bed though was marvelous, 6 foot wide and oh so comfortable, I had such a good nights sleep whilst there.
There is a spa bath but we did not use it as when I filled the bath up and switched it on brown bits came out in the water,maybe just limescale but off putting.
The food was nice, we were a little puzzled as to why a yorkshire pudding was served between starter and main but talking to locals it is a traditional thing. I would say try slow down your service speed, I did at times feel like I was on some speed eating test as the moment the one plate was cleared the second arrived, this might be to do with the fact its only open for an hour morning and evening which I think too short, especially the morning as I would have like a lie in.
Although the portions were'nt massive I was still full, my main critisium would be the veg, the first night we had 1 small floret of cauli each and a small spoon of peas, the next night a small piece of leek each and the most over done sugar snap peas I have ever tasted. I really think the veg let it down as the portion sizes were way too small.
Pavola was excellent and my favourite dish of the stay.Breakfast was very nice and I was able to swap the 2nd day for 2 bacon instead of sausage which I didn't like.
The pool and spa are lovely, unfortunately we only had chance to go in it once and it was most enjoyable, I would have loved to have stayed in their longer.
The bar and lounge area are nice and relaxing.
The staff themselves were very nice, and the cleaner who did our room very friendly.
So to sum up a nice enough hotel, just needs a few tweaks and it could be alot better.

Room Tip: Only choose rooms at the front, the back has no view at all.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darcydiddle
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
I am not sure where to start, first of all i would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy review but I do not feel i need to answer all your remarks individually .

For anybody reading this please do not take the essence of this as if I am unconcerned of the comments made I am not, it is so difficult to please everyone, and I will admit we learn more from the negative comments in such a way so that we can continually improve. Myself and all the staff at the Park Manor endeavour to be professional, polite and conscientious.

I am extremely sorry your stay was not up to your expectations.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

We chose the Park Manor for our wedding reception as it has an excellent reputation and is close by to my parents' address. Everything went fantastic on the day and we got exactly what we wanted which was an intimate family occasion. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The function cost was not any dearer than anywhere else we'd looked into. We had the glen suite and found it very comfortable and worth the cost. Have seen some comments that suggest the hotel is too expensive, we do not feel this to be the case for the quality.The staff took the time to be friendly and welcoming to everyone in our party including the children who very much enjoyed the games room and swimming pool. I'm from Scarborough so possibly the location was wasted on me but for a visitor it is in a great location being near peasholm park and the north end of marine drive and the castle.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kathryn s
, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
I am sure you are enjoying married life, congratulations.
We are so pleased your day was a success, as you say you got just what you wanted, great food, great atmosphere, and no hassle!
Thank you for all your kind comments.