“Made to feel welcome and comfy”
Review of Park Manor Hotel

Park Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 8 July 2013

In some places you can feel like you were just using the services of a business, but after our stay I felt the need to say "thank you for having us" as the place really did a first class job of balancing being a small business with a professional hotel feel. The staff were lovely and clearly knew what they were doing.

Room Tip: rooms on the carpark side of the building have also got a sea view (lessened) without the "fron...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

I would like to copy your words.....
..." the place really did a first class job of balancing being a small business with a professional hotel feel "
what more can I say except thank you.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

my husband and i stayed for 2 nights 28th-29th june, we had a front facing room with views of the castle, sea and park,our room was a good size bright and nicely decorated, the room and bathroom were very clean, all staff were friendly and and willing to help and made us welcome,i used the pool and jacuzzi and they were both sparkling clean,our breakfast was hot and tastey with more toast and tea being offered from the attentive waitressers,thank you for a lovely weekend, the only down point was that we had to go home.

1  Thank juliehall950
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Your fantastic comments are very much appreciated. We are very grateful for your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Manor in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed for two nights with three of us in two double rooms. The rooms were clean but the decorating in our part of the hotel was a bit tired and in need of freshening up, the food at breakfast and evening meal couldn't be faulted.
Nice location and nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to improve our service based on the feedback we receive, and would like to assure you that your comments will help us a great deal in our future plans for Park Manor.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

me and my friend stayed here for one night may bank holiday weekend, last minute booking.We had a lovely room at the front with a view,lovely food,very friendly staff. Alison was very helpful,a credit to the hotel nothing too much trouble.We used the pool and jacuzzi and relaxed in the bar.Overall we found our stay very relaxing.We would both defiantly recommend this hotel which in our opinion should be 5 star with its high standards of cleanliness and quality food.We would love to stop here again,hoping to come back for faulty towers weekend. From karen and irene.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for an extremely positive review with regards to your recent stay. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your time with us, as well as enjoying all the facilities on offer. As your feedback is important to us in improving our service, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My partner and I stayed for one night in June after watching the motorcycle racing at Oliver's Mount in Scarborough. I totally agree with the positive comments from other reviewers! We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Upon arrival we were offered another larger room at the front of the hotel if we wished - so it shows that the management have taken on board the comments regarding small rooms. As we were only staying one night the room size was insignificant. What was more important was that the room and ensuite were immaculate! Excellent standard of cleanliness! The hotel is situated in a pleasant part of town overlooking a park, so is quiet. Very good sized car park too. The breakfast was very good; cannot comment on the spa as we didn't try it. The decor is quite individual with a modern feel to it. Very relaxing bar area too. The menu for the restaurant looked very inviting - but we wanted a curry and we were directed to the Scarborough Tandoori which was delicious.
The overwhelming aspect which made our stay so good was that we experienced REAL customer service! The staff appeared to enjoy their work and went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We met Alison, Kelly and Geoff and they were professional as well as caring. All in all they made our improptu stay in Scarborough very special. The Thank you card we received from them a few days later was a nice touch too! We shall be back!!

Room Tip: Front rooms are larger.
1  Thank Treehouse08
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am so pleased that the team at Park Manor took such good care of you.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend, having booked through an internet agency. The hotel is situated in a pleasant area of Scarborough and the stand-out aspect for us was the very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. But we also liked the general cleanliness, the lounge areas and the breakfasts. We didn't use the spa facilities or the games room (table tennis, bar football, pool), but these also would be attractive to some. We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel since you needed to be seated by 7 pm which we thought was too early. However we accepted an offer of alternative recommendations according to our eating preferences and were given pub/restaurants in the locality, which turned out to be very good. Our (standard) room itself was small, and we did not like the washbasin being in the main room rather than in the shower/toilet area. They do have larger rooms, and we were told that had we booked directly with the hotel we might have been able to get a larger room at the front. However these were all booked when we arrived.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Your comments are all duly noted.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was in Scarborough on business and booked through Laterooms. I didn't expect too much having paid £49.50 including breakfast. I was surprised at how nice the hotel looked from the outside. I booked a single room but had a double very comfortable bed. The room was really small but clean. I also got a sea view which wasn't expected. All going well. As a lone traveller I stayed in my room to watch TV. The only channel that worked was BBC1. The fact that the hotel boasted spa facilities was a pull for me. I have worked in the Spa industry for 20 years and I have never been so disappointed in a hotel's facilities. The changing room ladies floor was thick with human hair, hairs got trapped in your fingers when you swam in the pool, the décor was very oppressive, dated and the pool tiles were filthy. Breakfast was a total cock up - courses coming in the wrong order and a re-heated dried up breakfast going back and forth. I did email the hotel with my feedback of which they followed up. I'm sorry to say I wouldn't return to the Park Manor. It's horses for courses here. Many people enjoy their stay - I just didn't.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RickersNorthYorks
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied and the spa facilities. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience at Park Manor was not a good one.. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.