“Superb!”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Hull
“Superb!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed for one night bed, breakfast and evening meal. Staff were friendlly and extremely attentive, our bedroom and all the publict rooms were beautifully clean and very nicely decorated, the small gardens at the front are really well looked after and the flowers are beautiful. Both the evening meal and breakfast were top class. Looking forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Front rooms enjoy superb view over the bay and Peasholme Park
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Superb and Top Class ....
....those are the words we love to hear.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in August. The staff were unbelievably attentive and wonderfully polite, even if I found the formality a bit too much (but I'm quite prepared to accept that's a personal issue, and I'd probably be more irritated by over familiarity!). The hotel is impeccably clean and this was evident in all communal areas and in my room. As far as my room went I was disappointed. I realise that single rooms are often an afterthought for hotels, but I found it quite cramped and perhaps it may be time to replace the doors with more modern ones and a key card system as carrying around the world's biggest key and key ring was a tad irritating! Breakfast was tasty, with a cooked option and a range if toast and cereals. would have preferred fresh fruit rather than the tinned variety offered. I did find the dining room staff a little overbearing, no sooner had a spoon been put down in a bowl then someone would appear to clear it away, there's a fine line between being attentive and making a guest feel they are being watched and hurried a along. It was in the dining room I had the experience that soured my perception of the hotel, there is a chart on the wall telling you where you must sit. Well my friends were also staying the night so I chose to sit next to them, rather than my allocated table on the other side of the dining room. I did not think this was unreasonable behaviour. However in the eyes of the manager it seemed I had committed a heinous crime, I was asked my room number and informed my table was over the other side of the room, where he pointed in an attempt to usher me over there. I found this ridiculous and stayed put. I couldn't believe he actually expected me to move. It seems to me an archaic system, let people sit where they like! It's 2013!

Overall, by and large an Ok experience. Probably not my type of place but clean and functional even if a little bit of a throwback to Fawlty Towers.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BringBackBuck8
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
It is always useful to get feedback from our guests. We need to know what you think whether its something that has pleased you or some area where there is room for improvement.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
newcastle
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Brief business stay, arrived after 10:30pm but was greated with a very warm welcome after a long day. Dumped bag and went to bar for a quick pint or two, very nice area, ok prices and great service.
Room was a single as it was a late booking and only for myself so not an issue, 3/4 bed as opposed to a single. Room nice and modern but maybe on the small side, certainly no issues though. Hotel in a really quiet area of town but within 2 minutes walk of the centre.
Main issue was the noise from next door, I'm sure they were only talking (loud) but I could hear word for word their conversation. It went on well past 1am and having to get back up at 5:30am, wasn't the best nights sleep.
Reception is covered 24 hours but the night shift guy covers many other duties so when I checked out at 6:15am there was nobody to hand keys to or mention the noise issue.
If it wasn't for the neighbours I would probably give 5 stars as it was a nice change from the usual business hotels I normally stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephendon32
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for your positive review, as to the noisy neighbours I apologize and hope when you stay with us again that you don't have a repeat experience.

At any time please use your room telephone to contact our duty manager.

Thank you.
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel was ok. Adequate. Even though there where somethings that I disliked, the soap in both of are rooms had not been changed from the people before and we were assigned tables for morning breakfast by a sheet on the door which I didn't feel was the most friendly way of a greeting.

2 Thank Catherine K
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Please accept my apologies that your soap had not been changed.
The list on the restaurant door is a guide to your table number, but we always have staff on hand for that personal touch.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Never been to this hotel before, I went with my husband, daughter and son, we had two twin front rooms, which was modern, clean with lovely views of the castle,sea and park, large bathroom. We were welcomed by Geoff very welcoming as all of the staff in the two nights we stayed. Breakfast was very good even better than a 5 star we have stayed, we drank in the hotel bar and the prices was reasonable, the young people at breakfast was polite and very quick, and was nice to see they were local people serving on,hotel on the north side so you have to walk a lot but the taxis in scarborough are plenty and cheap. Can't wait to return, won't go anywhere else in scarborough now

• Stayed July 2013
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Your compliments of Park Manor are a delight to read.
Thank you.
Welwyn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 for 2 nights for a family party. Our ages ranged from 6 months to 80 years old and all of us loved every minute of it!
The staff were friendly, welcoming and couldn't do enough for us all.
Adam the barman was especially lovely and took a few of our party out into Scarborough on the Friday evening to show us the sights and the pubs! Alison was also extremely nice and so helpful!!

The only downside was that the rooms get very hot in warm weather, only one window opened so it got a bit stuffy!

I will be staying here again next time I am visiting family in then area, definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The front facing rooms have a sea view - we were in room number 9 and it was slightly bigger than ot...
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your delightful review, we look forward to your next visit.

With regard to the recent heatwave experienced throughout the country, it is needless to say that a large proportion of the population have found the heat considerably unbearable. We can provide fans for the bedrooms, which may give a slight relief.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My Grandaughter and i like to have (we call them our adventures) little trips away now and then

to try different places, stayed at park manor 19th to 21st July. we found it to be very welcoming relaxed atmosphere, food was delicious, room was quite small but am sure if we had asked they would have given us a room move as the staff were very helpful throughout. We did use the pool VERY NICE! Overall found Park Manor very clean, friendly lovely surroundings inside and out, plus quite easy access to beach and the gorgeous park. will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Maybe make sure your room is one of the larger ones.
1 Thank joan l
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your adventure at Park Manor, we look forward to offering you our genuine hospitality on your next trip to Scarborough.