“Spotless hotel, great staff, highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Manor Hotel

Park Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Spotless hotel, great staff, highly recommend”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Park Manor is a clean, welcoming hotel where the staff go that extra mile to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. From the minute you walk into reception Alison and Geoff make you feel welcome and valued. Every single member of staff takes the trouble to greet you in a warm and friendly way. We had evening meal and the food was exceptional, well worth the cost. It is ideally placed to venture further afield and in a lovely location. The swimming pool is a nice extra too.

Can't wait until our next visit! A big Thank you to all at Park Manor.

Sue and Steve W , Sheffield

Room Tip: Worth the extra money to have a front facing room as the have a great view and are larger.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the Saturday, I booked it purely on the look of it, and it didn't let us down once we got there! Although the car park was small there is plenty of space around the hotel to park. It was very easy to find! Once we got there (it was after check in time- we had rang ahead and the staff were so happy and welcoming it was like you were staying at your aunts!) we were greeted by Alison, who was lovely bright and cheerful, just want you want to see after a long drive! Even if it was ten at night, honestly had a great stay, I would really recommend this hotel for any age really, we stayed with two other friends, who loved the breakfast on the morning to!
The rooms were lovely and clean, beds had clearly just been made, and the room service was early on the morning which was nice to see! All round one of the best hotels!

Room Tip: The family rooms are a lot larger than the doubles if you want to pay the extra they would be worth...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and hope to see you here again next time you are in Scarborough.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have just returned from the Park Manor and can honestly say it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in in the UK.I had quite a small room but it was perfectly adequate for a single person,more important to me, it was spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel.The staff without exception were friendly and helpful, service in the restaurant was excellent,the food plentiful with plenty choice and of good quality.I cannot comment on the leisure club as I didn't use it,but the pool looked very nice.The hotel is very well situated Peasholme park is just across the road and there is a bus stop into town a few minutes away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had a 2 night stay at Park Manor at the end of May, fantastic food all home cooked and plenty of it. The hotel is quite large and caters for all ages and has a personal touch which is missing from the larger hotel chains. I had a side room which overlooked the car park, the room was small and filled with a double bed, which I didn't mind because I would rather sleep in a double bed, (which was extremely comfortable) than a single. The staff were great and nothing as too much trouble for them. The hotel is positioned on a hill, walking down ok but anyone with knee problems will need a taxi back. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for providing great feedback on your stay with us.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just had 2 nights over the weekend,Friday and Saturday,good food good service,but more important good staff.Had a front room with a view of the park,cannot fault the place.Will be returning for the Status Quo gig,and will recommend to friends.The hotel is just the right size for a relaxing break,the pool and jacuzzi are a nice quiet place to really relax.One minor fault,nothing to do with the hotel,but some people do not know how to use the car park,can be a tight squeeze to get out when people park next to the exit,but that aside,I have found a hotel I will use again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Barry M
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am delighted you had such a great stay and were looked after so well.
I will get out the traffic police when you next stay with us !!
Thank you for your comments and for your business.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is quite a large hotel that seems to cater especially for large groups of people, like coach parties, older couples and family groups during school holidays. As I didn’t fit into that category, as I was visiting Scarborough hospital, I found the mealtimes rather rigid: 8-9am for breakfast (till 9:30 at weekends) and 6-7pm for evening meal. You are designated one table in the dining room for the duration of your stay. The dining room seems to be run by an indomitable lady and an army of young helpers.

I stayed in 2 different rooms. The first was small and mostly filled with the double bed. It was a side room, so I could see the sea; front rooms will look out onto the trees of Peasholm Park. I very much appreciated the free wifi, which reached to the room (even though the receptionist didn’t think it would). The second room I stayed in was larger, but there was no wifi in the room. One problem affecting both rooms: the central heating is switched off about 8am and so the rooms can be cold during the day (you’re expected to be out of the hotel, enjoying yourself!); in the evening, when it was on, the room sometimes got very hot, even with the radiator turned down low.

The most attractive amenity of the hotel is its swimming pool. It is only small – perhaps 7 x 4 metres – but pleasant to swim in, although it’s a pity it has no exterior windows and the décor is dark blue – but with lots of large mirrors to make it look more spacious. There is also a spa pool and steam room. These facilities can also be used by non-residents as a leisure club and it would be a great pool for kiddies to learn to swim.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MarionBurkimsher
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I must admit I am very surprised with some of your comments.
We very rarely take coach/group bookings, and I feel that our age range is very varied.
We clearly didn't get your stay with us right, for which I apologise.
Where possible your remarks will be acted upon,thank you for the time taken to post your review.
I
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just had a fews days break at Park Manor Hotel. As always the stay was delightful The food was excellent as was the care we received from all the staff. It's great to know that everytime we return the care and concern shown by the staff never changes, always good.
The hotel is small but perfectly formed, parking available and the pool, jacussi and sauna are great.

We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Those on the top floor are the best, particularly at the front where you can have a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gsw62096
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We cant wait for you to return, as lovely guests such as you are always a pleasure to serve.
Thank you for all your kind words.