“My Automatic Choice in Scarborough”
Review of Park Manor Hotel

Park Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Oxford
“My Automatic Choice in Scarborough”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I come alone for the cricket and this hotel is ideal. It has a lift and single rooms. Breakfast is very good; the residents' lounge with a bar is useful.
The staff are very helpful and welcoming.
The hotel has become my automatic choice in Scarborough.
My only gripe is that some guests without blue badges abuse the two disabled parking spaces. This can result in guests with walking difficulties having to navigate some steep steps. If the disabled spaces are to remain they should, I think, be enforced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your comments, I shall look into the disabled parking issue and how we can police this better.
I am so pleased we are your hotel of choice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay there but do think it is a seaside B+B trying very hard to be seen as a Hotel. The staff are all wonderful and go the extra mile to please you, I was in one of the rooms at the side of the hotel overlooking the car park and this side does not get any sun; the sheets on the bed felt damp so I telephoned reception and Kelly came up with two filled hot water bottles which did the trick but I think the fact the room does not get the sun at all results in cold room. At breakfast the next morning Geoof who was on the desk specifically came to me in the breakfast room to ask if I had been OK that night. On two afternoons I had some sandwiches which were beautifully presented with crisps and a lovely coleslaw and very good value at £3.95, M&S could not do better ! BUT. Guests do not want to use the small pieces of previously used soap which were horrible to use, if I had know I would have brought my own soap. And a sachet of shampoo and body wash, shower cap and shoes cleaning sponge do not warrant the term "toiletries". At breakfast which was good was a bowl of fruit with a notice saying that if you were thinking of taking fruit out of the room you had to order first from your waitress, a bit of "look but do not touch".

Room Tip: Side rooms are cold. Take your own soap.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Linda C
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Yes I will agree we do try very hard....
...to please our guests and make them feel truly relaxed, looked after and comfortable.
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, maybe Park Manor isn't right for you and for that I am truly sorry.
Thank goodness the vast majority of the time we tick most boxes with our guests.
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you want a great place to stay then look no further. Perfect for everything to do in Scarborough. For relaxing and anything else to do. Staff are wonderful and friendly. Great for a short or long stay. Great for a romantic getaway. Meals are always greasy and very tasty. In the evening the meals are scrumptious. As a regular here it's 1st class

Room Tip: Choose a front room or if you can a feature room. Not a bad room in the place
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
First class is what we like to hear.
Thank you.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely hotel; very welcoming and hospitable staff; excellent breakfast; good value; spotless throughout; pool was great. The entire hotel team made us feel very welcome and valued customers. Location was brilliant as opposite Peasholm Park; close to north bay and easy to walk around to the busier south bay around the headland

Room Tip: Upgrade to a front facing room - fab views of the sea and castle
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cloud9-12
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am always delighted to hear from our customers, even more so when we get top marks!
Thank you.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on four occasions, sometimes booking through the hotel, sometimes late rooms as on this occasion. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful but I did not appreciate the welcome this time. I was told almost immediately that I would have to pay upfront as I had booked through late rooms, despite the fact that when I had booked online I have to give a card number. Now only a month ago I stayed at another hotel in Scarborough, was welcomed with open arms, upgraded and did not need to pay upfront. I will say that the Manor Park was full this time and unfortunately I was given the absolute worst tiny room. I don't mind a single room, but this had nowhere to put your clothes, I had to keep them in my suitcase. There were no drawers, just a cupboard that wasn't a cupboard, a door stuck across an alcove where you couldn't hang anything other than a couple of short items and it wasn't possible to put clothes on the shelf which was only about 6 inches wide. When I booked out the receptionist did apologise and said she would have a look at the room as she thought all rooms at least had a set of drawers. It was room 19 by the way. This room should definitely not be the same rate as the other single rooms, poor value for money......avoid it if you can.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Jeaniepc
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay.
I shall personally look into all areas you mentioned and remedy any failings.
Thank you for your honest criticism, hopefully you will re-visit Park Manor, and we will be back on top form.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from our first visit to the Park Manor and a very enjoyable one. Stayed in the Marsden suite, absolutely delightful. Very clean and spacious. Evening meal was lovely and tasty. We had to hurry due to attending a concert at the open air theatre and did not have time for coffee after the meal. The food was so delicious it would have been nice to have been able to eat around 5.30/5.45 instead of the 6pm start time to have a more enjoyable and leisurely experience rather than clock watching. Staff very attentive and pleasant. On a smaller point, it seemed very unprofessional of the duty manager at at the start of our meal on Saturday evening to very loudly verbally tell a female member of staff off in the restaurant. Whatever the reason, this was very uncomfortable to listen to and should have been dealt with privately.

Room Tip: Marsden Suite
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank magsj59
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will stay with us again when you next visit Scarborough.
Please accept my sincere apologies about as you say "a small point" but none the less it was very unprofessional on our part.
West Witton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We only spent two nights at park manor, the hotel was very clean and tidy the staff are all very friendly, we only did bed and breakfast, the breakfast was good the plates nice and warm and a good pot of tea, the room was very nice and clean and had a good sea view with large cups in the room for a cup of tea this was room 24

Room Tip: The room was very clean and tidy and we had a lovely sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for posting your delightful review, it would be lovely to see you again soon.