“Comfortable stay in Scarborough”
Review of Park Manor Hotel

Park Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spent a couple of nights here . Room was very spacious with a small corridor leading to a separate toilet and a bathroom. The bathroom had an over the bath shower and was exceptionally clean with a range of toiletries which were replaced. Lots of hot water and the shower pressure was excellent. The actual bedroom was quite large with a very comfortable bed and a flat screen tv and ample storage. The free Wi-Fi was a bonus and much appreciated. The breakfast was self service for juice, cereal, fruit and youghurt. then waiter service for a full cooked breakfast. The quality and quantity of the food was very good ,freshly cooked and served very hot. My husband used the swimming pool (towels are provided) and he said it was a good facility which he enjoyed. The only reason I have not given a full rating was I had to ask if there was Wi-Fi then had to request the password, also was not aware I could have ordered a newspaper as I was not asked if I wanted one. But for me the breakfast time of between 8am and 9am Monday to Friday in a seaside location is just too early and does not give any flexibility whatsoever. The only other thing that I found irritating but outside of the hotels remit was fellow guests who are unable to close a door quietly but insist on slamming it hard enough to shake the foundations. I would return as it was a very pleasant comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MumsieSuffolk
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

So pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Park Manor Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay, however my rooms (No. 39) shower was not very good. Very low pressure and minimal hot water seems to be available.
I would stay here again, as I would expect the shower to be repaired.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Harry M
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Please accept my apologies that your shower was not acceptable, I shall look into this immediately. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review Park Manor.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the welcome on arrival, to the room and breakfast, the hotel was excellent. The Leisure facilities and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff just added to a very enjoyable stay. After a day on the Cleveland Way it was so relaxing sitting in the lounge looking out over Peasholm Park with a pot of tea or coffee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robin B

Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Me and boyfriend decided to book a night away in scarborough and after much looking we found the park manor hotel. Upon arrival alison greeted us and offered us a upgrade to a seaview room for a extra £10. We went up to our room and was greeted to a standard room but very nice for just one night. Very clean and the view was amazing. We went downstairs and asked alison where was nice for food and she recomended 2 places and offered to call us a taxi is we needed one.

The breakfast was very nice just the only down point was i asked for no tomato and i recived one. No major issue tho.

Perfect for couples as in a peaceful area and only a short walk from peasholm park and the north bay beach. Would defintley come back.

• Stayed: July 2014
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My sister and I had booked to a concert at the Scarborough open air theatre and decided to stay over after it. A one night stay on a Saturday night in peak holiday season so I didn't hold out much hope but found 2 single rooms left. We arrived around 10:30am not expected to check in but the guy on reception was really helpful with a great sense of humour. We went into Scarborough for the day arriving back early evening to find our bags in our rooms. The hotel is ideal for the concert venue a 5 minute walk back up the hill and nothing was too much trouble for the bar staff, plates of sandwiches after 11pm no problem. After a yummy breakfast of pancakes and bacon we were on our way but will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue T
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you your lovely comments, please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Faultless Almost. Well nearly!!
After a recommendation from friends we booked in at this hotel and it was almost everything they said it would be. As I am disabled I rang before we booked to check if they had lifts, I spoke to a very helpfully guy who answered my questions and then enquired how I was booking. I told him I usually booked on the internet. He told me that if I booked with him direct he could offer me a better room than I would get booking on the internet and at no extra cost.
I took his advice and did this and the room we got was wonderful with a sea view, it was spotlessly clean and the bed was so comfortable. On our arrival the staffs were pleasant and helpful in taking my bags up to our room.
The room was well equipped with lots of drawer and hanging space, a nice selection of tea’s coffee and drinking chocolate in the welcome tray including good quality biscuits.
The bathroom like the rest of the room was spotless and there was a hair dryer, shampoo along with lots of clean white towels that were changed every day by the smiling room staff.
We stopped on a bed and breakfast basis as we like eating out in the evening and I was glad we did this time although I had checked out the hotel on Trip Advisor and read good reports about the food. We did eat in one night to sample it and I wasn’t too impressed. The cost of the meal was £25 per person, the portions were small we had Crab Waldorf salad came with very little crab and even less walnuts, Yorkshire puddings that were burnt and the meat quite tasteless well overcooked on the main course. The breakfast menu was limited either kippers of full English, again the portions were small. The breakfast service staff were young and inexperienced it took ten minutes to get some brown sauce one morning after asking three times. And as usual they bring the toast almost as soon as you sit down so it is cold by the time you need it. But talking to the other guests most was quite happy with the food so I guess it is a matter of taste.
The big problem I had with this hotel was the parking there were only two disabled bays and as the hotel is situated on a hill there were even two steps to get out from the car park even if you managed to get a parking space as the disabled bays were constantly being used by non disabled guests and the management didn’t seem to care.
Apart from the parking and the food the hotel is a lovely place to stay the gardens and beautiful and well cared for and the rooms a delight, the swimming pool small but a wonderful place to chill out after a day out. we might even go back again.

Room Tip: Not suitable for wheelchair bound drivers poor disabled parking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and praise of the bedroom.
All feedback is welcomed as we really do care about the guests overall experience at Park Manor, please accept my apologies regarding the parking and the issues with your food, I shall be looking into both immediately.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My mother and I stayed in this hotel from Saturday 26/07/2014-Monday 28/07/2014 and we had a great time. We arrived on the Saturday at about 12.30 and our room was ready. The gentleman on reception was very helpful explaining where everything is in the hotel and what was going on in Scarborough. Our room was No: 6. A front facing room with two single beds. It had a nice bathroom, good tv reception, drink making facilities etc. The room was very hot due to the sun being on the front of the hotel but it soon cooled down in the evening. Breakfast was very nice. We had full English plus toast and tea. There is also a range of cereals, fruits, yogurts, jams & fruit juices. It was enough to fill you up. We used the pool facilities which was lovely after a hot day out. The pool is open till 10pm and they give you towels on reception if you haven't got your own. We booked ourselves in for the Sunday lunch and was not disappointed. The food was delicious and the puddings are to die for! All the staff were very polite and helpful which was lovely. My only criticism would be that I last stayed in the Park Manor 16 years ago and its doesn't look like the décor of the hotel has changed since then. So maybe a lick of paint is needed. On saying that it did not spoil our break. It was clean, had everything you needed and friendly staff. We would definitely return in the future! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn B
parkmanor, Owner at Park Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Goodness me I am so surprised you feel the decor hasn't changed.
We constantly do much more than just "a lick of paint" and improve all facilities on a rolling schedule.
We never try to be more than a first class seaside family run business, offering service with a smile and good tasty food in pleasant surroundings.
But that does not mean we sit back when our guests are not fully pleased with our hotel, of course I shall take note of your comments and see where I can tweak things a little further.
Thank you for your overall praise of which I am pleased to see we scored very well.