“excellent vegan food”

Price range: US$32 - US$64
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The supper club and pop-up revolution is gathering speed in the UK. For Those of you who have not heard about the concept, th and idea is really quite simple: rather than go to a chain restaurant or pub tired, passionate cooks across the country are opening the doors to Their homes and inviting people to try Their inventive and exciting cuisine. The Leaping Hare is located near Ganton, with stunning views over the Wolds. When the weather Permits, we will eat al fresco in the courtyard arches, with drinks served on the sloping lawn overlooking the valley. When its colder, we have large farmhouse kitchen, dining room, and reception rooms with wood burners and open fires to keep things toasty! We endeavor to create exciting and inventive dishes, with ingredients sourced locally and used in season. Our main focus will be contemporary Anglo-French cuisine, with a twist, anche Although we plan to offer themed evenings offering food from all over the world. We have some of the finest ingredients to choose from right here in North Yorkshire, and we think it's the perfect time to open our doors for a new and exciting dining experience. Our inaugural evening will be held on Saturday 8th February 2014 at 7.00Pm We look forward to welcoming you! Selma, Jay Roxy and the whole LH team!
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“excellent vegan food”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

excellent food right through from the amuse bouche to the sweet, beautifully presented and extremely tasty. lovely farm house setting and good convivial company. highly recommended

3 Thank Mary M

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An exciting new venture”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Eating at Leaping Hare is a very interesting experience because you are eating in some-ones home. Not only is the food and the service of a very high standard, but the atmosphere is one of being in a dining room of a private house at a dinner party. We all joined in by sitting at shared tables and made new friends.whilst enjoying a delicious meal. It was a set menu, which, I for one, was happy with as I trusted that a lot of time and effort had gone into deciding it. I could relax and appreciate the good company. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Roger W
York, United Kingdom
“Beautiful vegan meal.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Beautifully presented Vegan meal with attention to detail and wonderful mix of textures and flavours. Perfect portion size for a four course meal. I can't recommend the opportunity to eat at the Leaping Hare highly enough. Excellent service, warm welcome and great company. Great value for money. I would love to return when they host another vegetarian and vegan evening.

2 Thank jo m
Scarborough
“You need a good reason to miss it”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

In W1, London, you might reasonably expect great food on your doorstep, but in YO12? Well, the answer is very definitely YES, we can! The Leaping Hare is as good as anything you will get anywhere for the price and, in our case, on our doorstep: I can even sneak back down the track without ever touching the public highway. What could be better?

Actually, I am underrating what is on offer: the food is absolutely delicious with a sinful variety to it, yet I did not come away feeling unduly padded. From beginning to end, my bouche was tres amusé. The service is great and friendly without being freakishly martial. And just so that you know I am not being slavishly fawning, I think the reception and cocktail when the diners arrive needs a wee tweak to streamline it and make it seem effortless. More the fault of the venue than the hosts however, as Warren House has quite small reception rooms (well, smallish for 20 odd people), but on the other hand, it does add to the intimacy of the evening.

I am away in Argentina so will miss the next one. Please cry for me.

2 Thank Andrew W
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Excellent food with fun and home party atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We went with a bunch of friends for the vegetarian feast. The food was first class and probably the best vegetarian meal I have ever had. The taste combinations, presentation and the menu itself was height of sophistication and highly enjoyable. We took out own wine which added to the pleasure of the experience.
This is a great way to have a very sophisticated dinner party with a bunch of friends without toiling! I would highly recommend the experience.