“Best in town”

The Almar
Ranked #6 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
“Best in town”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic, both Jamie and Michelle are the best hosts, nothing is too much trouble. The best in Scarborough , highly recommended. They bent over backwards to accommodate us and really made us feel welcome. Rooms are immaculately clean the breakfast is great!!!!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank sageer1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the 'small single'. And it is small but has its own en suite bathroom.
An excellent breakfast and a clean room. What more can you want for £20?
All the staff are friendly and the whole place is spotless. Great location too.

If there is a better Scarborough B&B then I'd be amazed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been staying at the Almar for years and I've never been disappointed with any aspect of our stay, Jamie and Michelle are extremely helpful and make you feel very welcome even for us hairy bikers going to Oliver Mount for the races. Rooms are very clean and tidy with tea, coffee and biscuits, breakfast has never left me feeling hungry. The Almar is close enough to some good places to eat and drink by foot if you didn't want to drive and Scarborough sea front is close too, I would highly recommend the Almar to anyone, it great value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have had the pleasure to stay regularly at the Almar - and it has been a pleasure - and in doing so, I have had the opportunity to stay in different rooms on different occasions. Each room has been finished and furnished to a very high standard, is spotless and fresh, and the attention to detail is above and beyond what I was expecting on my first visit - though with all of the good reviews that I had already read about the Almar, I should have known it was something special. But what makes the Almar truly unique, and a truly fantastic experience is the staff - Jamie and all at the Almar are so friendly, welcoming and accommodating, it truly makes you feel special.. And the breakfasts are to die for!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed at the ALMAR recently whilst on a golf trip. I was given a courtesy call the evening before I was due to arrive to make sure all was still in order. On arrival Jamie's welcome is as warm and friendly as it gets. You immediately feel a rapport which all helps you settle in quickly. Unbeknown to me I had booked the "small" single room and small it was. That said, it is perfectly adequate the only real negative being the lack of space perhaps for luggage. This is actually no problem as Jamie is perfectly happy to store larger objects, (eg Golf clubs) in his own personal room space. The room itself was spotless with its own en suite and has a good amount of storage for clothes etc. The breakfast Jamie provides is excellent. It is so good to get a cooked breakfast without any excess oil or grease on the plate. It was always piping hot too, just what one wants. There is always a good selection of cereals and juices on offer as well.
Should I ever return to Scarborough the ALMAR will be my first phone call. Thanks Jamie and Michelle..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have just got back from The Almar having stopped last year
and once again i cannot praise Jamie Michelle and Naomi
enough for there kindness and friendliness
I was there for the cricket festival it is so convenient to get to
the ground and surrounding area which includes Peasholm park
The food was great and so well presented the rooms are cleaned
every day and well stocked
So once again Jamie thanks for a great few days at your wonderful
hotel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 64david
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Even if I wanted to I couldn't find fault with The Almar. Jamie, Michelle and his staff made us feel very welcome from the second we arrived and couldn't do enough for us. Our room, like the rest of the hotel, was spotless.
The breakfast was second to none and the staff were very friendly and professional. The evening chats in the bar with Jamie and other guests were also very pleasant.
Would we recommend it? Absolutely.
Will we visit again? Can't wait.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple