“Wonderful Food & Excellent Service”

Il Piatto ristorante italiano
Ranked #64 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been to this delightful Italian Restaurant each year on our weekend visit to Scarborough, and I am delighted to say it remains one of the best Italian Restaurants we have been to. Although the staff were different from last year, the chef/manager was the same ensuring the same good quality and presentation of food, and the prices remain very reasonable. There was a good choice of menu and the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful in advising and recommending us in our choice. As already stated by previous reports the food was truly delicious, and we hope to return when we're next staying in Scarborough. Thank you Il Piatto.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had the pre theatre 3 courses plus a bottle of wine for two people at £45. Very good value. Starters were a creamy mushroom dish and a delicious stack of aubergine, cheese and tomato. Main courses were equally delicious. Sea bass with vegetables for my wife and pancetta tomato and garlic linguini for me. Desserts were huge portions of tiramisu. Waiter and waitress were very friendly and efficient and the wine was good.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I had a meal at Il Piatto last week. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. Sometimes Italian pasta dishes can be a bit one noteish but what we had definitely wasn't. The lemon cheesecake for desert was very large and we just about managed it between us. We thought that the waitress was a little stretched on her own, but she managed very well and there were no overly long waits between courses. A very good night out, thank you

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked a table for my wife's birthday meal in this small delightful Italian restaurant.
Our waiter Erhan could not have been more helpful advising on the food and selection of wine and organising candles on the dessert without any prompting.
What a brilliant waiter. We shared the starter of Insalata Sicilian delicious choice before Manzo Porto Fillet Steak with vegetables and Branzino- Sea Bass cooked very much to my wife's' liking.
The lemon cheesecake was to die for, creamy favourable and topped with candles and served to the tune of Happy Birthday.
Erhan recommended a bottle of Sangioese from Tuscany which turned out to be a good choice to complement the meal

1  Thank vuepoint
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My Husband and I visited on Sat evening and have nothing but praise for this wonderful little restaurant. The welcome, service and food were second to none.We both ate from the al a carte menu and the choice was superb,my Husband had the prawn filo basket to start followed by a sirloin steak while I had the courgette ravioli followed by porcini risotto with a mignon steak it was absolutely fantastic, the steak melted in the mouth and the flavours were outstanding. After a rest we had dessert of cheesecake and tiramisu, again they could not be faulted. Our meal was accompanied by a very good bottle of house white wine which we would certainly recommend. All in all a truly wonderful experience we will certainly be back whenever we are in Scarborough.
PS we used our Gourmet card which gave us 2 for 1 on 2 courses.