“Excellent Bangladeshi food”
Review of Eastern Paradise

Eastern Paradise
Ranked #100 of 371 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We have always used the Scarborough Tandoori however since one of my clients from Dhaka found this place on the off chance we have eaten her.
The Restaurant is slightly off the beaten track therefore they don't get passing trade, this means they have to produce the best food possible to keep their local trade- it shows what a good job they do as you will need to book for weekend evenings.
They use fresh herbs and spices which quite simply makes the difference- a real find.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

Food here is excellent - amd service was too. Wasn't too hungry so went for the fish - 2 huge pieces of melt in your mouth fish, nice and spicy with not too much ghee (as requested). Was absolutley stuffed. My partner went for the lamb pathia and said that was excellent too. Will definitely go again when we are next in Scarborough. One of the nicest curries I've had for a long time.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

I have eaten in many Indian restaurants around Scarborough but nearly always tend to eat here as it has never disappointed in anyway. A couple of new additions to the menu include the new Lamb or Chicken Desi Khana which is billed as a "staff-style" curry. It is medium in heat, spicy and very tasty. I recommend it to anyone. If you must eat the sickly sweet Anglo-English inventions of Korma, makhani etc. I am told these served here are very nice. The staff are very helpful and willing to cook off menu for you e.g. we asked for a chicken and prawn puree starter which they were more than pleased to do. The breads here are well cooked and not at all greasy. Prices reasonable and decor pleasing and atmosphere very cosy when busy. I would not recommend it for a Romantic meal on a weekend night due to this. A slight detraction is the huge white china serving plates that hang over the plate warmers a good three inches either side. Even staff find them ridiculous. It is an attempt to appear a bit more modern and stylish but it is quite frankly laughable. This is a small price to pay though for great contents which is after all all that matters.Great delivery service too. Heartily recommended and certainly one of the best in town.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

We go here regularly the last time was Sunday night. As always the food is fantastic, I had the chicken silsila and my partner had one of the new dishes on the menu, both were great as was the mixed starter. The service again as always was excellent, genuine and friendly. Another thing that we like about about Eastern paradise is that the seating is not too over cramped and you don't feel as though you are sitting with the people on the next table as you do in some other restaurants. We have never felt rushed here no matter how busy they have been which makes for a lovely relaxing meal.

Reviewed 3 May 2009

I love the food here, I have been many times and every dish I try is lovely! The service is great too, and you are not kept waiting too long either. The restauant is clean and well presented. It is also great for work nights out or special occasions. It can be quite casual if going early on 5.30 ish, and then if going later you can dress up a bit more.