“Best ice cream in Scarborough!”
Review of Harbour Bar

Harbour Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Scarborough
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place has got the best ice cream in Scarborough in my opinion. I would highly recommend the lemon swirl.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

3rd week of May was on holiday and visited for a knickerbocker glory & Banana split.
very expensive poor service I believe the girl on the front counter could not speak English properly? Dirty table even though I asked for a cloth to wipe it. Had to send back my ice creams until table was cleaned. Then they only brought one and had to ask what the other order was!
Wish I had not gone. Ruined a fond memory felt robbed cheated even.
Will never ever go again. Always told friend you must visit if you go to Scarborough.
Now I say don't bother have an ice cream in your hand and don't get robbed.
Alan lee

1  Thank Alan1722
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have lived in Scarborough all my 20 years and remember Harbour Bar being the place for birthday parties when we were little, and back in the 90's it was lovely, the ice-cream was very tasty. Now-a-days though they don't really have a big selection of flavours. Me and my partner decided to treat ourselves to one of the massive ice cream cones each and the vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice-creams were nice, but nothing really special, but after that it turned to overly sweet sorbets which were just not nice.
Granted inside they have sundaes and floats and other options but it's still average.
My honest opinion is that there are nicer places for ice cream that are cheaper too, that said the staff are very friendly and hard working.

1  Thank YorkshireLass93
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a selection of ice creams, they are fantastic, second to none, we love coming here on every visit to Scarborough, the only downside, for us at least is sometimes it's hard to get a seat, maybe the upstairs could be opened up for more tables? And when it's a family of five, five ice creams can come to £30 so maybe some family special offers???

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very nice set up, takes you back in time :-) beautiful food and amazing ice-cream ! Excellent location, and lovely service! Thankyou!! :-)

2  Thank Kaza02051966