“just gorgeous”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
“just gorgeous”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

definitely a must do in Scarborough, we had the chicken burgers and my daughter had a chocolate sundae which me and my husband ended up helping to finish! all delicious! staff polite, all very clean, only gripe is there's not much of a queuing system and it's hard to get seated at busy times! love it.

Visited August 2014

“Simply the best ice cream anywhere. ”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I love ice cream.

I've eaten in some great places around the world, but this, this place is better than them all. The flavour, smell, texture, cones, did I mention the taste.... just wow, yum!!!

The cafe itself is ok 60's diner feel. Can't comment on the food, never got past the ice cream.

Did I mention the ice cream is marvelous, awesome and just plain good.

Chester, United Kingdom
“manners lacking”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

When recently visiting scarborough I decided to take my daughter and niece to this well known beach front ice cream parlour, I foolishly presumed that in this day and age such a busy well known eatery would have the facility to accept payment via debit card.... apparently not, there are no signs inside the establishment and the small signs on each door were not readily visible as the doors were propped open, this is far from clear indication that the establishment only accepts cash. The woman that served me was incredibly rude about it, and suggested that I use the cash machine in the closest arcade, I had to leave my daughter and niece whilst I went in search of the cash machine when I got there it was one that charged for transactions, I was unhappy about this, tried the pub next door for a cash machine, the staff there pleasantly informed me the next arcade along had a machine that did not charge, I eventually found it, when I returned with the cash my sundae had been moved away it was returned but without any information or apologies, and the server threw my change back at me. This did put a massive damper on the visit and I certainly will not be going there again.

Recommendations to the management

Get a card payment facility installed (you have very modern tills it's not a big push)
Get better clearer signage until you do
Train your older staff in good customer service techniques.

• Visited August 2014
8 Thank Vikki N
“Absolute delight”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Never been to an actual Ice cream parlour in The UK as such. It's very American styled and the ice creams are awesome. Amazing taste
It was the cherry on the top the cake for my Scarborough visit.

“Amazing icecream”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Would recommend this place to anyone... visited scarborough this summer and Alonzi's is the best ice cream around!!! U can tell as its always packed!!! Everything here is just so delicious!! Defo will be returing if im in the area... one thing i will say is you should open longer in the summer... sometyms a sundae and a sit down is nicer than a cone in the summer evenings!!!