“Valentine week end”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Valentine week end”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We got moved to this hotel, which we would, recommend, the staff are so , helpfull, and very friendly, the food was top class, rooms clean, this hotel, the staff make this hotel, Ruth, Simon, David, Veronica, even dave the entertainer, was friendly, ive booked again for next year , ive recommended, your hotel to my friends, as ive enjoyed my stay so much . thanks every one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank johnM8963ha
ruth_janicki, Manager at Bay New Southlands Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your kind comments J It was great to hear from yourselves as well as a lot of the other guests who were part of your group, that it had been a success – so much so that you are booked again for next year! It was great to meet you all – I know that I enjoyed having you stay here as well as my staff and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. We’ll be glad to see you all back here again next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
cleveland
Reviewed 17 February 2014

we stayed at this hotel due to a change in booking by the people we went with. it all worked out for the best. the hotel was spot on in all areas and a lot better than the original hotel we had booked for and previously stayed at before.the staff of this hotel can not do enough for you. in all areas they are very friendly and committed to there work and seem to go out of their way to please people. the bedroom was clean and cared for daily. the only downside for me was there was no bath just a shower.the fact that we were only there for a weekend did not matter with this one and only down side. nothing was to much trouble and anything you need is there all you have to do is ask if . i must comment on the staff the restaurant staff especially simon is a star and david was very pleasant. the entertainment is also nice and bar staff friendly and the manager Ruth a very pleasant hard working lady well done all you do your hard work pays off. booked for next year see you all again

Room Tip: if going formore than a weekend ask for one of the bigger rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank johnsoncleveland
What lovely feed back you have left for us, thank you J I was so pleased to see that the weekend went well for you all and it was lovely to meet you all. You were a great crowd to have in and all my staff commented on this! I have a great team here and they will be so happy to see the lovely comments you have left for them. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year if not before, and if you would prefer a room with a bath & shower then feel free to give us a call and we should be able to arrange that for you
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you have trouble, like me, with gluten intolerance, then this is the hotel for you!
They provided a special menu for me each day, which included lovely warm gluten free buns and bread.
The hotel itself is very nice and the entertainment they provided each night was excellent.
I would just like to say a big thank you to this hotel and all its staff for their brilliant service.
Well done !!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dudberg
I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide a suitable menu for you. My chef is always more than happy to accommodate a varied range of special diets and he will be chuffed to see you enjoyed your meals. I will be sure to pass on your comments and we hope to see you again in the future
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've been visiting Scarborough man and boy for over fifty years and this is the best hotel in the town I have stayed in! We booked a Monday to Friday break through National Holidays at an amazingly low price so our expectations weren't too great but had a delightful surprise. A spacious comfortable room with plenty of tea and coffee, flat screen TV and a convection heater as this was January. Then there was the food - fantastic. Waiter service with choices for all 3 courses which changed every night and the best hotel coffee i've tasted. Breakfast was along the same lines with even kippers on the menu! Rooms cleaned every day, friendly and informative staff and good entertainment each evening. The next trip we take has a lot to live up to!

4 Thank JohnA56
I am very pleased to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations, thank you for taking the time to post such fantastic comments. I will pass your comments regarding the food on to our Head chef and his team who will be delighted to read your comments. I hope we se you again in the not too distant future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

having recentely stayed at this hotel I would like to share my findings . Excelent value for money .The food was always served with a smile ,varied menu and good ingredients.. The reception staff were always ready to give advice and assistance (I required medical treatment) especially Pam who helped a lot. Rooms are clean and well presented . The entertainment was varied and generally extremely good although monday and tuesday evenings were without doubt the best of the week. As we were there on a five day Shearings we thouroughly enjoyed the two excursions to York and Whitby which were included in the price.I really dont know how Shearings do all of this for the price. We will be there for my husbands 60th birthday celebrations in October, cant wait !!!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor these rooms I believe have been recently renovated. We had a standard roo...
7 Thank joan h
It is great to read such kind comments regarding all aspects of your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to all the staff including Pam as they all work very hard to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed both the excursions and the entertainment. We look forward to seeing you again in October to celebrate your husband's 60th Birthday.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have just had a wonderful weekend break at the New Southlands Hotel. This was the best Shearings hotel we have stayed at. Our room 106 was large, well furnished and spotless and we are still wondering if we had been upgraded. The whole hotel was lovely. Staff were all very helpful. The dining room was very smart and the meals were excellent. The icing on the cake was the entertainment which was brilliant. Couldn't fault the weekend at all.

11 Thank Barbara L
Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments. Room 106 is a standard room the big bay window makes a wonderful feature in the room. It is great to see the nice comments you made regarding the staff we have at the hotel I will pass these comments on to all the departments. I am glad that you enjoyed the entertainment that we had on that weekend. I hope we will be seeing you again in the near future.
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just returned from a 2 night dinner bed and breakfast stay at this hotel in Scarborough.
We arrived just after midday and although check in was 3 pm , we were hoping to use the car park that we had paid extra for £5.00 per day.So it was a surprise when were also able to check in early.
So here we go ;

Staff were brilliant , very efficient and friendly. Nothing was to much trouble for them.

Food ..was excellent. It was nice to have the food served at your table , rather than a buffet service. I would say that the food was the best we have had in any hotel.The restaurant was a nice place to be with really friendly staff and a great atmosphere.

Drinks.... were a bit expensive but the 2nd night ( Sat ) we had vouchers for 8 free drinks so it balanced itself out.

Entertainment....well we don't bother too much about it but we heard what was going from our seats in the lounge and the guest's appeared to be enjoying it. If you are interested there is bingo and sometimes a quiz.and also a vocalist.

Hotel...is spotless and clean and a lovely place to be.
Not far to walk into town or down onto the esplanade where you can walk all the way round from the south bay to the north bay and then back into town.Takes about 1 hour thirty minutes! But nice to do after breakfast !

Rooms...well the room we had was very comfortable, with a double bed but very small , only had shower no bath. Had we been staying longer we would have probably asked for a room with a bath as it is nice to have a soak after walking about all day.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel and you won't be disappointed. We shall return !

7 Thank bonnieb197247
ruth_janicki, General Manager at Bay New Southlands Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your short break with us and what lovely comments you have left for us thank you:) I will be sure to pass these onto my team. The breaks we are doing at the moment are very good value for money especially with the drinks vouchers you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and if you are able to stay longer, please feel free to contact us so that we can arrange for you to have a bath as well as a shower.