“Great place, fantastic food and wonderful staff ”

The Vineyard at Stockcross
Ranked #12 of 192 Restaurants in Newbury
Price range: US$46 - US$158
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Vineyard, aka ‘food heaven’ for those in the knowChoose from our new 18 dish menu that changes regularly and have fun creating your own tasting menu and selecting wines. Or choose the 5 or 7 course tasting menu with wines matched by our wine coaches.Our French chef, Daniel Galmiche regularly appears on Saturday Kitchen and draws upon his unique experience and passion to share his love of food and authentic French/Mediterranean cooking. In addition, many seasonal dishes are locally sourced from sustainable stocks - a triumphant blending of Old World taste and New World values you might say.Whether you're here on a romantic weekend, celebrating an anniversary, enjoying a family reunion or just getting together over a light supper and a few glasses of delicious wine, you're guaranteed to enjoy a very special gastronomic experience at The Vineyard, Berkshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We have been going to the vineyard for 8 years and it's been fantastic every single time.
The food is brilliant , the service is second to none and the staff are more then happy to help with whatever it is you need.
The ambience in the hotel is great, especially at dinner when the grand piano is being played.
We will continue to visit the vineyard and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fantastic gastronomic treat with a very relaxed stay.

Alan H, Manager at The Vineyard at Stockcross, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

It’s so lovely to hear that you always have a fantastic experience when you visit us. It’s always a pleasure to welcome you to The Vineyard and I hope you will continue to visit us for many years to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

"I am a vegetarian". These words strike terror into many chefs as I am sure they would just rather everyone could sample their fine dishes without compromise. I tend to avoid 'fine dining' restaurants for this very reason and prefer a tasty Indian, Thai or Italian meal with lots of taste and flavour. Traditional restaurant food can be very bland and boring and I put up with it because my dining companions are not veggie and I am the pesky odd one out. I used to eat at The Vineyard regularly in the late 1990s, early 2000s but haven't been for a while. I have been lucky enough to have lunch there twice recently and their three or four course lunch menu is terrific value. The service is very good, we were chatting endlessly and the very patient gentleman came over to ask if we were ready at least three times! My veggie lunch was just lovely and really very interesting. There is always a good choice of puds and cheese too so I never feel I am at a disadvantage. The restaurant is quiet and stylish and our waiter was deft, expert and friendly. All in all, if you are thinking 'Oh no, not the Vineyard, I can't afford to go there' do check out the lunch menu, you will be amazed at what terrific value it is for really really great food and excellent service. I am a fan!

Thanks so much for your fantastic review of your lunch experiences at The Vineyard. Daniel puts as much thought into his vegetarian dishes as he does with his meat and fish dishes so it’s lovely to hear that each time you have found your lunch to be interesting and good value.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another lovely lunch experience.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful bedroom and extremely comfortable bed, sumptuous food, amazing wine and excellent service. Nothing to complain about, a bit pricey but perfect for a couples retreat or special occasion. Would definitely go back ....

Alan H, General Manager at The Vineyard at Stockcross, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Fantastic to hear you had such an enjoyable time with us and were really happy with your room and our food and wine offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Marwan Hemchaoui

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came to the vineyard for a weekend break for my birthday. This was a special treat and it certainly didn't disappoint! Our suite was beautiful and the bathroom was amazing! I was lucky enough to sample the pregnancy massage and deluxe pedicure in the spa and they were wonderful and truly relaxing. The food on both evenings was beautiful although drinks and food were expensive. The main selling point though were the staff. They couldn't have been more helpful and really added something special to our weekend. This is truly 5 star! We have both come away feeling very relaxed. Would highly recommend if your are looking for a little touch of luxury for a special occasion.

2  Thank Poodlepip
Alan H, Manager at The Vineyard at Stockcross, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

It's lovely to hear that you had a wonderful birthday weekend break with us. Thank you for your kind comments about your room and also the dinner and spa treatments you enjoyed while you were with us.
I'm so pleased the staff made you feel so welcome and were able to make your experience extra special.

We hope to see you again soon for another relaxing weekend break.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited the vineyard on Saturday 26th July, every visit gets better and better a perfect balance of great food, perfect wines and amazing service.
look forward to my next visit

Absolutely fantastic to hear you had a great visit again and thoroughly enjoyed your food and wine pairing experience.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.