“Excellent and I have very demanding taste buds”

The Highclere Red House
Ranked #38 of 195 Restaurants in Newbury
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a pub restaurant offering delicious freshly prepared food using quality ingredients. Whether you are looking for a light snack or a three course feast there is plenty to tempt you. Our well-kept local ales and carefully selected wine list offer plenty of variety for drinkers and diners alike. A cosy meal for two, family gatherings, lunch with friends or a simple drink at the end of the day, our relaxed bar and comfortable restaurant will suit any occasion. Our younger guests are always welcome and we will do our utmost to prepare something tasty to suit their needs. We welcome our four legged friends in the bar area. The area offers a host of local attractions to visit nearby, Highclere Castle - the home of the award winning TV show Downton Abbey is on our doorstep. Just a few miles down the road in Newbury you can enjoy a day at the races or take in a show at the wonderful Watermill Theatre or Corn Exchange or enjoy a relaxing boat trip on the Kennet and Avon Canal. The local countryside is fabulous for walkers with Watership Down and Beacon Hill just a few miles away.
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am very particular where I choose to eat and I was happily surprised at the culinary standard provided as were my guests. Well done.

1  Thank Gram P

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Was taken here by Highclere Thoroughbred Racing who apparently often eat here. We were a group of racehorse owners and it was lunch time. Everyone's lunch looked amazing and hot and generous and delicious. I have lived in Newbury for many years and I cannot believe I have never been here before.

1  Thank Gollychika
Reviewed 8 November 2013

As a regular visitor at the Red House in Highclere, we take for granted the super hospitality and great food. We visit restaurants and pubs as we love to explore new places, but strangely neglect the place we love to frequent the most. We return because we know we will never be disappointed. It's a welcoming traditional pub, with well kept real ales. Try the Chilli and Lime Batter fish, the Duck Noodles, or their house Burger - it's consistently excellent! Worth a trip! Love it!

1  Thank Anyhinh
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Red House to eat more times than I care to remember and the food is always great! A varied menu that changes regularly. Ideal for a cosy meal for two or slap-up Sunday lunch with the whole family. Sit in the bar to at the heart of the action or opt for the restaurant for a more relaxed experience. Good value for money and good services.

1  Thank TheBerkshireBelly
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We recently held my daughter's wedding reception here. It was brilliant! The setting is lovely with a thatched cottage look and the function room is very pleasant. The staff were very friendly and well organised. Neil helped us to plan and organise everything and was full of helpful suggestions. He was very honest and straightforward and very flexible. He suggested ways of saving money and was extremely customer focused. The food was also delicious. I would recommend them without hesitation . The restaurant is excellent too!